Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's pretty close to me...

Comment

close, slight edge to pack in terms of resume

btw de la hoya beat whitaker stop crying haters

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
        Pacquiao would have embarrassed Whitaker and knocked him out cold in less than 4 rounds. Don't compare a God to a mere mortal human. Pacquiao is on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Those guys were naturally bigger than him and I agree they'd win. Hearns wasn't losing to a Welter who couldn't crack. I don't know, outside a few other super legends at 35, who I would favor to beat the best Pea at 35 or 40.
          Them being naturally bigger is one of the main reasons why I think they beat him. Size and skill is difficult to overcome for anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            close, slight edge to pack in terms of resume

btw de la hoya beat whitaker stop crying haters

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Is this some sort of a sick joke?? Pacquiao has one of the best if not the BEST resume of all time.
              I think Pac's resume comes from him climbing weight classes...NO ONE has done it like he has...the only glitch is his choice of opponents and cherrypicking washed up fighters...but his legacy is still intact I think...If Pac would have fought Floyd, Berto Instead of Mosley, then he may be up their...now if Pac beats Floyd, I dunno man he gets ATG status

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                I think Leonard and Hearns handle Whitaker.
                Prime Whitaker at his best ideally was 135/140.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  I think Pac's resume comes from him climbing weight classes...NO ONE has done it like he has
                  If you mean in terms of winning belts when there are four per class (at least), sure. Otherwise...

Sam Langford
                  Jimmy McLarnin
                  Roberto Duran (started around Bantam and won a Middle belt)
                  Tommy Hearns (beat men who won titles from 40 to Cruiser)
                  Roy Jones (Middle to Heavy across roughly the same weight span)
                  Henry Armstrong

It's rare but not first time.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    If you mean in terms of winning belts when there are four per class (at least), sure. Otherwise...

Sam Langford
                    Jimmy McLarnin
                    Roberto Duran (started around Bantam and won a Middle belt)
                    Tommy Hearns (beat men who won titles from 40 to Cruiser)
                    Roy Jones (Middle to Heavy across roughly the same weight span)
                    Henry Armstrong

It's rare but not first time.

Only one of those really comparable is Homicide Hank. . . Lol it's still funny that just about every fight he had was contested at a catchweight.

But to the TS's question, Pac has the better resume. . . Pac is the best southpaw of all time. . . .

Morales TWICE, Mab TWICE, Marquez TWICE? Cotto? Hatton (at his natural weight). . . CLottey (who everybody seems to underrated for some reason - but seeing how Pac is the ONLY BOXER to EVER beat him so one-sidedly). . .

Not to mention his slew of other wins against world champs, and fringe world class guys.

Comment

Im not saying Pac would beat Whitaker. . . I honestly don't know. . . Whitaker had a better all around skillset. . But Pac has a better resume, and is thereby deserving to be ranked higher than Pea. .

Comment

Working...
                      X