No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves, Callum Smith - Go Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
    Two good super middleweights but the final will be a snooze fest. Having tourneys is the way to go but not if the best in the division (Benavidez) isn't there. Be like having a WW tourney without TC - good, but it won't answer all the Qs.
    And my God, do I hate all these pre-fight interviews and the cheesy as hell build up. Seems to go on forever.
    best in the division what exactly has he done to prove That, who's he beat?

Comment

Originally posted by 352 View Post
      For the WBA Super middleweight title. That's a WORLD title, mate. If Groves wins, he remains number 1 ranked super middleweight in the World. If Smith wins, he'll become the new number 1. Then, it's a matter of relieving Benavidez of the WBC strap, which, I believe, either of these two will be able to do.

Rocky Fielding is the current British super middleweight champ.
      The title is now vacant RF has relinquished.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        best in the division what exactly has he done to prove That, who's he beat?
        Benny puts his punches together better than the rest and has a decent bit of pop. Got skills. I like. Smith is too stiff and Groves is beatable.
        Who's Smith beat? And I'd say Groves got a close nod over Degale and Jr, but he never troubled either.
        I'm going on instinct.

Comment

I'm rooting so much for groves

Hope he pulls it off after all his ups and downs

Comment

Benavidez is a fkin nobody right now. Who says he is the best of anything? Lol what has he done?

Comment

Smith is one lucky mofo he best a swede and a former kick boxer a to route to the final... Where Groves had to dig deep to best his opponents.. A fully fit groves easily beats Smith but I've got a feeling that he will rush his recovery and do some damage to his shoulder come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana*;185j17207
                I'm rooting so much for groves

Hope he pulls it off after all his ups and downs
                The only thing he will pull is his shoulder from his socket.. Groves deserves to win he best the best opponents on route but feel sorry for the guy that shoulder injury will take at least 6_8 months recovery he won't be no way near close to 100% fitness.

Comment

It will be a really tight fight. Smith's metronomic jab vs Groves' heavier snappier jab.

It will be dull though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                    Benny puts his punches together better than the rest and has a decent bit of pop. Got skills. I like. Smith is too stiff and Groves is beatable.
                    Who's Smith beat? And I'd say Groves got a close nod over Degale and Jr, but he never troubled either.
                    I'm going on instinct.
                    Groves has got legit power. Degale and Jr both have good chins.
                    Groves put down Froch hard, who had a rock solid chin. Only Taylor has done that besides him. Ward, Kessler, Pascal, Abraham, Dirrell and Bute couldn't do it.

Comment

Benavidez proved that he's a true champion in the rematch Gavril, he also beat the shyt out of Porky Medina who went toe-to-toe with James degale at only 20 years old.
                      He's got the WBC and he's got sick Speed and combos.. You have to give this kid props at such a young age what he's done

Comment

Working...
                      X