Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Roy Jones deserve to be considered an elite ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES!!
    At his best he looked super ****in human......
    And lets not forget he did middle to heavy........

AND Hopkins is beneath him in EVRY way.

Hey TS If Hopkins is so good why did he wait til Jones is shot to get revenge like some sort of frightened vulture??
    Last edited by lightsout_finit; 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Not one fighter in the history of this sport can beat the 1990's Roy Jones.

Comment

Kev... we used to go from beating around the bush to just flat out saying it.

Head to head.. prime RJ ****s ANYONE up.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. = Best fighter since prime Ray Leonard. Not one fighter at 160 or 168 ever is a bad fight for him. Some make it close, but he beats them all.

LMAO at asking whether he is actually better than Toney and Hopkins. Yes, without any question.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-19-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Kev... we used to go from beating around the bush to just flat out saying it.

Head to head.. prime RJ ****s ANYONE up.
            A few at MW and LHW capable I feel. Few and far between though, and Roy is beating anyone in a three fight series.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Define savvy.

Roy had every trick, juke, feint, trap that could be used and he executed them flawlessly. Roy didn't just throw fast hands. Roy set traps, roy would feint you twice hit you wth a left hook, and then feint you again. Roy would block your jab and wait for to come in, so he could counter you with his left.

Roy had plenty of savvy, it wasn't all flash.. There was substance and meaning behind his movements.

First of all, how many fighters have TWO All Time Greats on their resume? Not too mention at two different weight classes.

Second, hes got an established list of HOFers on his resume as well Toney, Hopkins, Hill, McCallum, possibly Tarver.

Ohhhh, let me guess.. Toneys weight issues again. Tell me, when in Toneys career did he not have a weight problem? But he went 44-0 and the one time it now mattered is because he happened to be in the ring with Roy... Toney just KNOCKED OUT a fighter only 4 months before he fought Roy... But now Toneys not at his best because, well he lost and had weight issues. Yeah.

Wait a minute... We're gonna talk trash on Roys win over Toney... When they were both prime, both undefeated, Toney was P4p #3 in the world, best fighter in the division coming off a KO win 4 months earlier....

But...

We're gonna bring up Nards revenge win over Roy... When Roy is 41 years old ( and no it doesnt matter Bernard was older, that doesnt somehow mean Roy is still fighting at an elite level just because Bernard is) and coming off a 6 year string of losses and knockouts, and FRESH off a 1 st round tko loss to Danny Green.... And not even mention any of that?

Wait, so we're gonna talk about Toney being not at his best and drained, but we're gonna bring up Nards win over Tarver coming FRESH off a movie filming where he played a heavyweight fighter.

What, brah?
              Reed dropping the truth. I'd give you green if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                A few at MW and LHW capable I feel. Few and far between though, and Roy is beating anyone in a three fight series.
                Yeah.

Considering the history of both the MW and LHW Divisions I wouldn't say no one can beat him at the weights.

160 I wouldn't bet on many considering Roy was so strong and powerful at the weight.

But 175 I'd pick a few. Bob Foster and Micheal Spinks would be tough fights.

How about Harold Johnson-Roy Jones? Who would win that?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Roy Jones Jr. = Best fighter since prime Ray Leonard. Not one fighter at 160 or 168 ever is a bad fight for him. Some make it close, but he beats them all.

LMAO at asking whether he is actually better than Toney and Hopkins. Yes, without any question.
                  A lot of the kids these days rank Hopkins above Roy Jones

As funny as that sounds.

Comment

Michael Moorer is a tough fight...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Yeah.

Considering the history of both the MW and LHW Divisions I wouldn't say no one can beat him at the weights.

160 I wouldn't bet on many considering Roy was so strong and powerful at the weight.

But 175 I'd pick a few. Bob Foster and Micheal Spinks would be tough fights.

How about Harold Johnson-Roy Jones? Who would win that?
                      Harold Johnson brutal straight right hand KO obviously...

In all seriousness though, it's a hard one. Roy was very athletic and strong for a LHW but Johnson was a superb boxer puncher with excellent timing and very effective pressure and built like a brick ****house. However I just think Roy's defence and speed would render him hard to catch, even for Johnson, although Johnson could and would tag him I still think Jones takes a close decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X