Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mayweather-Ortiz, where do you think Floyd's skill level is currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
    after coming in 2lbs to beat a Lightweight

after taking a fight with a grandpa who had 1 1/2 year off and who was training for a different style berto to overtrained the grandpa mosley

after beating a bum who just have 1 fight at WW and Knocking out a hypejob berto oh wait it wasnt a KO or an even impressive win maidana's daughter "ortiz" no mas

all i notice is
    best cherrypicker of all top number 1
    NO DOUBT
    Hahaha so those 2 lbs are the reason Floyd didn't even lose a round to Marquez.

Mosley was over trained, that's why Floyd beat him too. After Mosley KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, all you Floyd haters in this forum were saying he's ducking Mosley, and then he fights him, and gets s**t for it. It's the never ending story. Why didn't Manny Pacquiao fight Mosley when he had just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito??? Nope, he fought him after Floyd whooped him and after he fought a draw with Sergio F**KING Mora, and gets credit.

Who else should Floyd have fought in September??? He was planning on fighting Berto, who was unbeaten, in his prime. But, Berto was upset by Ortiz. Yes, Ortiz lost to Maidana 3 years ago, but unfortunately we've never seen a rematch because Maidana has been avoiding it, which is funny because Marcos accusses Khan of avoiding a rematch with him, but yet he won't give Ortiz a rematch. Hopefully, if Maidana beats Alexander and Ortiz beats Berto again, than Marcos will actually give Ortiz a rematch.

Everyone must be hypejob to you, except who ever it is you like. Berto was set to fight Mosley in 2010, who was coming off huge wins over Mayorga and Margarito, is it his fault the earthquake happened in Haiti and he was forced to pull out??? Berto still gave Ortiz a title shot, and Ortiz is a tough fight for anyone (why'd Manny Pacquiao choose a 38 year old JMM instead of fighting a young Ortiz?), than fought Zaveck to win the IBF title, and than vacated to fight Ortiz again.

Also, Ortiz deserved the decision over Peterson, when it was socred a draw, or is Lamont Peterson a bum too??? Peterson just beat Khan, so the fact that Ortiz floored him and deserved the decision over Lamont just means Victor is a good fighter, or was Peterson's win over Khan bad too, because you will probably say Khan is nothing but a hype job as well. Who isn't a hype job to you???

With regards to Berto, I didn't see Manny Pacquiao fighting Andre Berto in 2010 after the Clottey fight...instead I saw Pacquiao fight Margarito at a 150 CW for a 154 lb title, and a Margarito that was coming off a KO loss to Mosley and showed how far he's past it since 08-09.

I love how didn't address any of the other people Floyd's beaten. Floyd isn't regarded as one fo the greatest fighters just for no reason. The next thing I will hear is that when Floyd beats Pacquiao (that is if Floyd's "legal issues" or "Manny's cut" don't prevent Bob from amking the fight) it was because he's bigger than Manny and he waited for Manny to show weakness, even though Floyd will be 35 next year and Manny will be 33. That will be the excuse.

Also, on a side note, how many people has Manny Pacquiao fought at 140 lbs or above that held at least one of the 5 major world titles (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, RING) going into the fight with him??? 1, Miguel Cotto, and he won his title by beating MICHAEL JENNINGS for the vacant title.

How many people has Floyd fought at 140 lbs or above that held one of the 5 major world titles going into the fight with him??? 6, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, and Victor Ortiz.

Coincidence???
    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-13-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Hahaha so those 2 lbs are the reason Floyd didn't even lose a round to Marquez.

Mosley was over trained, that's why Floyd beat him too. After Mosley KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, all you Floyd haters in this forum were saying he's ducking Mosley, and then he fights him, and gets s**t for it. It's the never ending story. Why didn't Manny Pacquiao fight Mosley when he had just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito??? Nope, he fought him after Floyd whooped him and after he fought a draw with Sergio F**KING Mora, and gets credit.

Who else should Floyd have fought in September??? He was planning on fighting Berto, who was unbeaten, in his prime. But, Berto was upset by Ortiz. Yes, Ortiz lost to Maidana 3 years ago, but unfortunately we've never seen a rematch because Maidana has been avoiding it, which is funny because Marcos accusses Khan of avoiding a rematch with him, but yet he won't give Ortiz a rematch. Hopefully, if Maidana beats Alexander and Ortiz beats Berto again, than Marcos will actually give Ortiz a rematch.

Everyone must be hypejob to you, except who ever it is you like. Berto was set to fight Mosley in 2010, who was coming off huge wins over Mayorga and Margarito, is it his fault the earthquake happened in Haiti and he was forced to pull out??? Berto still gave Ortiz a title shot, and Ortiz is a tough fight for anyone (why'd Manny Pacquiao choose a 38 year old JMM instead of fighting a young Ortiz?), than fought Zaveck to win the IBF title, and than vacated to fight Ortiz again.

Also, Ortiz deserved the decision over Peterson, when it was socred a draw, or is Lamont Peterson a bum too??? Peterson just beat Khan, so the fact that Ortiz floored him and deserved the decision over Lamont just means Victor is a good fighter, or was Peterson's win over Khan bad too, because you will probably say Khan is nothing but a hype job as well. Who isn't a hype job to you???

With regards to Berto, I didn't see Manny Pacquiao fighting Andre Berto in 2010 after the Clottey fight...instead I saw Pacquiao fight Margarito at a 150 CW for a 154 lb title, and a Margarito that was coming off a KO loss to Mosley and showed how far he's past it since 08-09.

I love how didn't address any of the other people Floyd's beaten. Floyd isn't regarded as one fo the greatest fighters just for no reason. The next thing I will hear is that when Floyd beats Pacquiao (that is if Floyd's "legal issues" or "Manny's cut" don't prevent Bob from amking the fight) it was because he's bigger than Manny and he waited for Manny to show weakness, even though Floyd will be 35 next year and Manny will be 33. That will be the excuse.

Also, on a side note, how many people has Manny Pacquiao fought at 140 lbs or above that held at least one of the 5 major world titles (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, RING) going into the fight with him??? 1, Miguel Cotto, and he won his title by beating MICHAEL JENNINGS for the vacant title.

How many people has Floyd fought at 140 lbs or above that held one of the 5 major world titles going into the fight with him??? 6, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, and Victor Ortiz.

Coincidence???
      u can make any excuses for ur boyfriend's cherry picking
      to make it look good

u call margarito without a plaster a bum then now mosley beating a bum made him a top opponent that floyd beaten?
      granpa mosley u cant change that

a lightweight opponent then cheated the scale and come in over two pounds to beat f@cking lightweight opponent, thats like injecting a steroid to beat the smaller dude
      supporting a cheater aye?

then dont even include bum maidana's daughter ortiz to the list of top fighters floyd beaten
      he f@cking suckerpunch the bum to end the fight hahah
      it makes his resume laughable
      wait lets talk about the great baldomer

Comment

We really didn't see enough to give a good review of his overall abilities today, but I'd say it's parallel to the Mosely fight.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          I forgot I made these... on being over the hill or not

Comment

He's slipped some but is still quite formidable. Offensively, he's still as good. But his reflexes have slowed.

Comment

Who remember's the "But we play Basketball together!" era?

The amount of people who said Mayweather was ducking Mosley was ridiculous. The amount of people who were saying Mosley is the best option out there for Mayweather was just as bad.

Even people like Strugg were saying Mayweather should fight Mosley.

Mayweather got stick every single day for 'ducking Mosley'.

And a lot of people on here still said that Mayweather will duck Mosley after the fight was signed Saying he would pull out a week or two before.

On top of that, a lot of people picked Mosley to win. It was only util about a month before the fight that everyone picked Mayweather to win.

I was at that fight, and between Round 2 and 3 you heard things like "See! I told you! Mosley will beat Mayweather! This is the first time he has fought someone as good as Mosley. See! I told you so!"

Then in round 7 onwards they were literally saying "Mosley is old anyway, what you think was going to happen??"

That's literally what they were saying.

How things change is crazy at times.

Comment

He doesn't use his legs as much anymore, but he's adapted with the shoulder roll and quick counters on the inside. Still higher skill level than any other fighter in the world.

Comment

He's still one of the best in the world. His timing, counters, and overall ring generalship is extraordinary.

Comment

Working...
                  X