No announcement yet.

PSA: DAZN blocks *ALL* VPNs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: DAZN blocks *ALL* VPNs.

Normally you block VPNs that are dissimilar to your physical location. Sure. But DAZN blocks anything that's a VPN, presumably using WHOIS checking against the IP. Even if your location matches the VPN and you just want to keep your own IP out of the mix because they don't need it.

That, to me, is a dealbreaker for paying for the service, simply because they don't need my real IP if I'm a paying subscriber. They could use device-based cookies or other forms to determine if I'm the same person, and apparently don't care if I broadcast it to hundreds at a bar on shared internet.

From what I did see, it seems very well organized, stream quality was good even on 4G and everything, but there's just no way I'm paying $10/month but can't use a local VPN I'm also paying for.

Can you explain in English what this means?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Lmao exactly.. like what ???

Comment

Not only that a VPN gives a lot of people a much better connection a lot of the times, its not just hiding your IP its a VPN can give you a better route to the server.

Comment

DAZN
          VPN
          ESPN
          PBC
          FOX

Thank goodness HBO is leaving after this year. This is too much for my brain to process.

Comment

I know! I tried to get DAZN ages ago when they were only an obscure German company my eastern europeans MMA fan buds were telling me about. I tried a ton of different ways to get around it because this was back sometime before VPN blocking was all that popular and I wasn't aware it was possible.

If they got me back five or six years ago I'm sure their software is even better now. If DAZN isn't in your country good luck getting it bubba, it's easier to pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Normally you block VPNs that are dissimilar to your physical location. Sure. But DAZN blocks anything that's a VPN, presumably using WHOIS checking against the IP. Even if your location matches the VPN and you just want to keep your own IP out of the mix because they don't need it.

That, to me, is a dealbreaker for paying for the service, simply because they don't need my real IP if I'm a paying subscriber. They could use device-based cookies or other forms to determine if I'm the same person, and apparently don't care if I broadcast it to hundreds at a bar on shared internet.

From what I did see, it seems very well organized, stream quality was good even on 4G and everything, but there's just no way I'm paying $10/month but can't use a local VPN I'm also paying for.
              No VPN AND watermarking the streams means it’s near impossible to uploads a good quality stream or up a good quality video of a fight as they would have to blur the watermarks.... some move around the stream so they would have to delete frames, not possible to pirate

Comment

DAZN
                VPN
                ESPN
                PBC
                FOX

Thank goodness HBO is leaving after this year. This is too much for my brain to process.

well played

Comment

VPN hides your location online. So if I like I can got on a VPN and appear to connecting to boxingscene.com from hannover germany rather than somewhere in central florida. I think Ocala where my actual ISP is.

It's used for all sorts of reasons. I myself just like to see other nation's media.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    VPN hides your location online. So if I like I can got on a VPN and appear to connecting to boxingscene.com from hannover germany rather than somewhere in central florida. I think Ocala where my actual ISP is.

It's used for all sorts of reasons. I myself just like to see other nation's media.
                    Oh so it's used for illegal activity. Good to know ... reported.

Comment

Working...
                    X