Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith: Canelo Ruined Legacy, Look How His Body Changed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    No it's about Liam because he was in that camp idiot the same camp that drew tons of criticism and PED accusations you got dozens of archive threads from this same messageboard documenting it. FACT Smith is saying look at his body from my fight and look at his body for the GGG fight. Canelo filled up over a year and it was less drastic then the body transformation Brook made over a few short months for his GGG fight that was clouded with PED accusations and Smith was there and defended Brook. So he needs to STFU unless he is going to call out UK fighters walking around looking like the Hulk including guys he trains with yet the company UK line is body changes are natural over age and as you move up.
    I think you're missing the point, Kel and Joshua have never failed a test, Canelo has failed 2. So while there's some logic to your arguments, they become moot until either of those fails a test. UK athletes at the top are expected to be ready for testing 365 days a year, Kel and Joshua are no exception. I heard Kel it's also on VADA testing, so while the pictures look stark, he's yet to caught with anything untoward in his system.

Back to the main point, Canelo is responsible for everything that enters his body and in this case has failed at ensuring due diligence on his own behalf. He's tainted his legacy whatever the truth, which is a shame because he really is great for boxing. He's a star that transcends the sport and has fans all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      When they didn't announce publicly that they wanted hair testing to prove they were clean, you know something fishy is going on. Canelo should have been the first to say let's do hair testing. He didn't.

Plus, he tested positive twice, with three or four days in between.
      Maybe he had some leftovers in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
        I just need to stop reading these posts from people who just want to jump on the bandwagon.

I accept the real possibility that Alvarez may be juicing. But I also am not a hater. The actual letter that was published with the failed tests- which Dan Rapheal of ESPN posted an image of on the website... SPECIFICALLY said that the "trace amounts" of the failed test was 100% consistent with tainted beef. Period. Their words, not Alvarez, not his teams, theirs. There is an investigation, what that means I have zero idea. I hope that means more stringent testing- maybe hair follicles?- to get a better idea. If he is cheating, I hope he gets caught and I hope Trip G cancels the fight. But despite how much the gossiping public wants to destroy public figures as soon as possible, Alvarez has never failed anything before in spite all his testing. He and his team are not associated with any known performance enhancing drug investigations, and tainted beef is a known problem in Mexico. Is it going to kill everyone to give him the benefit of the doubt unless more damning evidence comes out?
        I think the suspicion is more that since the whole cheap beef clenbutarol thing was already pretty well known and high profile, a multi million dollar athlete and he's team would've known better than to make such a sloppy costly mistake, whereas even top class athletes trip up when doping from time to time. It really does feel like every Canelo fight has so many variables stacked in he's favour and the air of entitlement around him now makes it very easy to see the worst in him. As it happens though, I think the drug thing will actually only add to the hype of the fight and attract even more viewers, since the first fight in itself wasn't great and isn't a real good selling point in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
          I think you're missing the point, Kel and Joshua have never failed a test, Canelo has failed 2. So while there's some logic to your arguments, they become moot until either of those fails a test. UK athletes at the top are expected to be ready for testing 365 days a year, Kel and Joshua are no exception. I heard Kel it's also on VADA testing, so while the pictures look stark, he's yet to caught with anything untoward in his system.

Back to the main point, Canelo is responsible for everything that enters his body and in this case has failed at ensuring due diligence on his own behalf. He's tainted his legacy whatever the truth, which is a shame because he really is great for boxing. He's a star that transcends the sport and has fans all over the world.
          lance Armstrong the most tested guy in history beat the tests for 15 years until he couldn't make them money any more

Comment

Everyone knows he's a damn cheat but there's nothing we can do about it. People are gonna be even more angry when he gets a gift decision against ggg

Comment

I don't know if anyone has seen the Netflix doc "Icarus" yet, but Dr. Don Catlin--the UCLA anti-doping scientist that founded the anti-doping Olympic testing laboratory says that even with all of the technology they have today, the tests are still easy to beat for the person willing to go to the right lengths. So there's a fact as opposed to opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                the fight is in no jeopardy of not happening but canelo won't be able to live this one down with his detractors
                Fact is Canelo's very existence seems to drive some people to insane levels of hate. Even Idi Amin or Saddam Hussein did not generate this level of vitriol. Canelo started receiving serious hate when he was 19 years old. Yet drug dealers, criminals, wife beaters and child molesters are admired by some on both sides of the border. We recently had one child molester almost get elected to the U.S. Senate recently. Makes one wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Who is that a picture of Wolverine or Captain America?! Lol

Comment

"Everybody" In this country, some people actually want evidence and facts to determine if Canelo's story is true or not and will suspend judgment until then.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      what ever drugs you are taking you got your moneys worth. EVANDER WAS AN HGH CHEAT FOR TEN YEARS
                      Ah... I am sure you have inside knowledge you are not sharing of the evidence of the Hall of Fame fighter sneaking around in trench coats, buying the good stuff and throwing the HGH parties. No? No links? No photos? No evidence? But Holyfield worked himself into a HW, and accusing him blindly backs up everyone's claim... somehow... that Alvarez is cheating. Besides, you posted it so it must be true.

Sometimes, it physically hurts to read some of these posts.

Anyone besides me need a beer?

Comment

Working...
                      X