Any weight lifters in here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any weight lifters in here?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...rt-your-heart/

This has worried me a bit, I've felt sharp pains in my chest after work outs and nausea, anyone else get the same thing?

it sounds like it might be a muscle tear of some sort? go see a doctor, have them get you an mri or ct scan.

Comment

You had a good life right

Comment

Lifting puts plenty of stress on your heart, for every bit of strength training you do I suggest you do some kind of cardiovascular workout as well. Being able to breathe and get oxygen to your muscles is just as important.. Also i suggest warming up and strwtching thoroughly beforehand. i see meat heads sidelined all the time from not warming up

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          You had a good life right

Comment

#1 rule: dont lift much more than you can handle. youre gonna end up hurting yourself.

i dont care if im buff and only lifting less than i should be doing. i laugh at people that look like fools tryna act all macho cuz they lift heavy shiyet they cant even finish.

as for warm-ups, if i dont feel like stretching, i spend a few minutes in the sauna to relax my muscles before i start lifting.

Comment

Experts are now saying any type of intense exercise can cause potential harm to your heart. Moderate exercise is probably the best bet but we all know you get better results the harder you work. So it's just a matter of choosing what you want to do. Anything can be potentially harmful, like worrying too much.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                #1 rule: dont lift much more than you can handle. youre gonna end up hurting yourself.

i dont care if im buff and only lifting less than i should be doing. i laugh at people that look like fools tryna act all macho cuz they lift heavy shiyet they cant even finish.

as for warm-ups, if i dont feel like stretching, i spend a few minutes in the sauna to relax my muscles before i start lifting.
                I've tried the sauna pre-workout.. but find that it fatigues me.

I do ballistic stretching and some light weights.

Comment

Same thing Has been happening to me lately, it's towards the left side of my chest. It stings like a SOB, I sometimes get random sharp pains when I breathe in but and they usually go away quickly but this new pain lasts for a couple mins

Comment

Working...
                  X