Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO Canelo is way over-hyped (he is hyped as the next superstar)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Canelo's technique and skill set look pretty damn solid for his age. I'm a fan, hopefully he can finally get one of these legit guys in the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      He's already a superstar, he's selling out arenas and 10s of millions are watching him fight
      Marquez proved in his early career just because your a great fighter doesn't mean you'll be the most popular and make the most money.

Vice versa, if you are being given superstar hype, it doesn't mean you have superstar abilities.

I'm talking about his abilities, not his pull power. (which GB of De La Hoya are really pushing for.) At the moment he isn't a superstart fighter for me, only in name, not in the ring. As was said, he needs solid competition. Old Mosley has out and out been his biggest fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        I think Canelo's technique and skill set look pretty damn solid for his age. I'm a fan, hopefully he can finally get one of these legit guys in the ring with him.
        Legit guys have been lining up to face him, that's not what he's after. You mean legit blown up superstars.

Comment

I think he could be the real deal but he needs that one good victory that sets him in the next level.. but imo it HAS to be with someone naturally in his weight class. Not the Cotto/May/Mosley, 'cause then there'd be the obvious size different and people are gonna clamor about that or some other crap.

Comment

the problem is Canelos promoter doesn't believe he is a thoroughbred. If they did he would have already faced a quality opponent- K9, Trout, Lara, Vanes, Angulo, Molina, Rosado, a healthy Kirkland. GBP big wigs have spent their whole lives around top shelf fighters and can easily recognize talent, yet they match Canelo rediculously careful-tells ya something

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              I think he would fight anybody. GB on the other hand are protecting their prospect TR style.
              Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              the problem is Canelos promoter doesn't believe he is a thoroughbred. If they did he would have already faced a quality opponent- K9, Trout, Lara, Vanes, Angulo, Molina, Rosado, a healthy Kirkland. GBP big wigs have spent their whole lives around top shelf fighters and can easily recognize talent, yet they match Canelo rediculously careful-tells ya something
              GBP forced all their other young fighters to put in work and only a few made it through. After seeing so many of their kids fail we get this Alvarez style protectionism where they overcompensate

Comment

Canelo is only 22 with over 40 fights and some good wins even though he hasn't jumped into the deep end yet. Remember he was ready to fight Paul Williams. Can't blame him for what happened.

Comment

Working...
                X