No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward's Top 10 Fighters Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward's Top 10 Fighters Of All Time

Here is Emanuel Stewards Top 10 Fighters of all time (This if from around 1999)
    1.Ray Robinson
    2.Muhammad Ali
    3.Henry Armstrong
    4.Joe Louis
    5.Archie Moore
    6.Gene Tunney
    7.Marvin Hagler
    8.Thomas Hearns
    9.Roberto Duran
    10.George Foreman

i just have to laugh at not seeing Sugar ray Leonard on there but Tommy Hearns is

Comment

Originally posted by liam_48@msn.com View Post
      i just have to laugh at not seeing Sugar ray Leonard on there but Tommy Hearns is
      I also was a bit surprised at Ray Leonard not being on there, as well as a few others.

Comment

He should replace Tunney with Pep and put Ray Leonard where Foreman is. I respect everyone's personal list though because its their own version. All time great lists are very debatable, and everyone will not agree with each other on them.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          He should replace Tunney with Pep and put Ray Leonard where Foreman is. I respect everyone's personal list though because its their own version. All time great lists are very debatable, and everyone will not agree with each other on them.
          I have to agree, I find it hard to accept a top 10 p4p list without Pep on it, maybe my own personal bias. I pretty much will champion any top 10 list where all the fighters would get in my personal top 25. There is no definitive list and personal favourites will always get heavier weighting

Comment

I can imagine alot of people will be shocked not to see Willie Pep on it, and the likes of Benny Leonard, Sam Langford, Harry Greb, and Joe Gans, and many more. And I do feel the names I have named are more worthy than Thomas Hearns and a few others on the list.

But everyone is intitled to there own views and thoughts as to who they think are the top 10 fighters of all time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
              I can imagine alot of people will be shocked not to see Willie Pep on it, and the likes of Benny Leonard, Sam Langford, Harry Greb, and Joe Gans, and many more. And I do feel the names I have named are more worthy than Thomas Hearns and a few others on the list.

But everyone is intitled to there own views and thoughts as to who they think are the top 10 fighters of all time.....
              Only Tunney totally pre war? I can go with putting on fighter you have seen or more your era but if I was going to go with 1 fighter from before the war it wouldn't be Tunney

Comment

Working...
              X