Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raskat View Post
    Can you explain to me how it is "sad and crazy" that Garcia is the lineal Champ at 140?
    Bottom line is he beat Amir Khan who was regarded as the "man" in the division (ducked by Bradley and robbed by Peterson) at that time.
    Garcia is an excellent fighter who beat Khan fair and square. I don't know what your problem is.
    the man....

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      You're making up assumptions as to why they're breaking their own rules and policies, not like it matters anyway

Their rule is anyone who fails a test for a banned substance is dropped from rankings. Jcc failed a test and wasn't dropped. It isn't that hard to understand as if you still don't get it. It's a simple concept bro, if you don't get it, stop drinking
      It is pretty easy to tell the difference between JCC Jr get busted for marijuana and Berto/Peterson getting popped for PEDs.

Answer my question which fighter in history have they dropped for using a stimulant?

You not being able to tell the difference is not my or The Ring's fault it is your own. It is a real simple concept~
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-25-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        How was "The man" of the division coming off a loss?

Can you explain that to me?
        you mean his fight against Peterson who was on roids AND got a gift decision?
        If you scored that fight for Peterson you have to hate Khan really bad.
        So it doesn't matter if Khan had officially lost his last fight, the world still knew Khan was the man to beat at 140.
        Or do you think Bradley is a hall of famer cause he beat Pacquiao. I mean, boxrec says so, right?

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          you mean his fight against Peterson who was on roids AND got a gift decision?
          If you scored that fight for Peterson you have to hate Khan really bad.
          So it doesn't matter if Khan had officially lost his last fight, the world still knew Khan was the man to beat at 140.
          Or do you think Bradley is a hall of famer cause he beat Pacquiao. I mean, boxrec says so, right?
          I don't hate Khan at all. I was rooting for him against Peterson and considered him to be the best fighter at 140.

Khan-Peterson could have gone either way (With the point deductions) and I scored it marginally for Peterson. So yes, the loss was legit.

So no, he wasn't the man at 140 at all.

Not sure what the Bradley-Pacquaio part has to do with anything. Unless you genuinely believe that that fight is comparable to Peterson-Khan

It wouldn't surprise me considered you think Cotto-Mayweather was a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            It is pretty easy to tell the difference between JCC Jr get busted for marijuana and Berto/Peterson getting popped for PEDs.

Answer my question which fighter in history have they dropped for using a stimulant?

You not being able to tell the difference is not my or The Ring's fault it is your own. It is a real simple concept~
            "Which fighter is history". They just started this policy in July 2012

You not understanding what a banned substance means is not my fault nor the Ring's, its your own. Its a simple concept

Comment

Breaking his zero against a decent, persistent but not all that physically talented Garcia will get him in the HOF? Fock no. But Fock Zab. He will lose again. He is washed up. ANd please don't retell the stale story how Zab is a gangstah. Be a Gangstah in the ring focker.

GTFOH. Zab turns into "supahman"

Comment

if might but the real question is should it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                  Berto was dropped as well

Ring Ratings Update: Those who fail drug tests are out
                  by Michael Rosenthal
                  Jul 10th, 2012
                  SHARE THIS STORY

The recent spate of failed drug tests has underscored an obvious – and troubling – problem in boxing.

Thus, THE RING Editorial Board decided it was time to make a strong statement: From now on, any fighter who tests positive for a banned substance will immediately be removed from THE RING Ratings.

That fighter would be reinstated if the testing agency reverses its decision. And he will be allowed to earn his way back into the ratings after any suspension.

Here is the new RING policy:

THE RING will remove from its ratings any rated fighter – including a champion – if such fighter at some point undergoes drug testing (Olympic-style or otherwise) and that fighter tests positve for a banned substance.

In the event that a fighter has undergone testing in which the fighter provides two samples ("A" and "B") and the fighter's "A" and subsequent “B” samples test positive for a banned substance or if his “A” sample tests positive and he waives his right to have the “B” sample tested then the fighter shall immediately be removed from the ratings.

A fighter whose “A” sample tested positive and is awaiting the results of his “B” sample will not be allowed to fight for a championship or rise in the ratings.

A fighter who is removed because of a postitive test will have the opportunity to earn his way back into the ratings after any suspension period is completed.

A fighter who is dropped also may be reinstated if the testing agency subsequently reverses its decision or a court of competent jursidiction finds that the test result was invalid.

This means that Andre Berto, who had been rated No. 3 in the welterweight division, and Lamont Peterson, No. 1 at junior welterweight, have been removed from THE RING Ratings.

Berto’s rematch with Victor Ortiz, scheduled for June 23 in Los Angeles, was canceled after Berto tested positive (both “A” and “B” samples) for the steroid norandrosterone. Peterson tested positive (“A” and “B”) for synthetic testosterone, which scuttled his May 19 rematch with Amir Khan in Las Vegas.

Peterson, who said he had a testosterone pellet implanted for medical reasons, has applied for a license with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and is awaiting a hearing. He must convince the commissioners that the violation was inadvertent.

Berto and Peterson were tested by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.

Cruiserweight Antonio Tarver tested posititive for the steroid drostanolone after he fought to a draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 in Carson, Calif. The California State Athletic Commission, which conducted that test, suspended Tarver for a year.

However, Tarver will remain in the ratings for now because he has said he will exercise his right to have his “B” sample tested. THE RING will not make a decision on its No. 6-rated 200-pounder until the process has played out.

The decision to drop Peterson elevates Nos. 2 and 3 junior welterweights Amir Khan and Danny Garcia to Nos. 1 and 2. Thus, their fight on Saturday in Las Vegas will be for THE RING 140-pound championship.

RING RATINGS UPDATE

Heavyweight: Tony Thompson (No. 10 last week) drops out after his sixth-round knockout loss to Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday in Switzerland. Odlanier Solis (18-1, 12 knockouts), coming off a unanimous-decision victory over Konstantin Airich in May, enters at No. 10.

Welterweight: Selcuk Aydin (23-0, 18 KOs) fills the opening created by the departure of Berto created, coming in at No. 10.

Junior welterweight: Denis Shafikov (29-0-1, 17 KOs) replaces Lamont Peterson in the ratings, also entering at No. 10.

Junior bantamweight: Yota Sato (No. 4 last week) switches places with Hugo Cazares (No. 3 last week) after easily outpointing Sylvester Lopez on Sunday in Japan.
                  These are the RING ratings Larry. What part of the "Ring belt doesn't = Lineal" don't you understand?

Yes Peterson was removed from the RING. But he was the IBF Champ, and thus still ranked over Khan in terms of lineage.

Comment

If he beats Garcia that will be great for his career does he get into the hall of fame no. A couple of solid wins maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      "Which fighter is history". They just started this policy in July 2012

You not understanding what a banned substance means is not my fault nor the Ring's, its your own. Its a simple concept
                      Name one fighter~ fighters that got popped for PED got removed not stimulants, when they start removing guys for stimulants then you have a point.

No, I understand exactly what they meant they were talking about PED, not stimulants.

You are applying it to all banned substances, how they are treating JCC Jr. shows what they meant pretty clear. Sorry that you can't grasp that or admit you made a terrible comparison, because I don't really care but you seem to care an awful lot.

Emote smiles don't make your argument sound, they make you look like a chump kid~
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X