Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Guerrero reminded me a lot...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones thought that Berto was winning and kept talking about the big punches Berto would land.LMAO Why does'nt HBO or Showtime add a Latino to their commentating crew. We need to be represented!!

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      Roy Jones thought that Berto was winning and kept talking about the big punches Berto would land.LMAO Why does'nt HBO or Showtime add a Latino to their commentating crew. We need to be represented!!
      they should put the golpe a golpe host as a commentating crew!!!!!!

HBO latino

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoff View Post
        ... of Antonio Margarito tonight! HEART, BALLS, Throwing punches non-stop, coming straight forward...

I almost started crying! God, what a fight! I'm on the Guerrero bandwagon for life!

The commentary was disgusting! Seriously, these people hate Latinos!
        These morons need to realize that if it wasn't for us; they wouldn't have a j-o-b!

The Bertroids nuthuggery was disgusting... Roy Jones pissed me off, but again... that was his 'black brotha' in the ring, so he had to ride on Bertroids nuts.

Great job, Ghost! GREAT JOB!
        roy jones is as far away from a racist as they come, if you dont know that it just shows you dont watch a whole lot of boxing. that you thought guerrero looked like margarito in there just proves it further.

i thought the hbo commentary was better than usual. they werent on bertos nuts at all, berto fought well and deserved every compliment he got. they werent taking anything away from guerrero when they were giving berto props, they all acknowledged that he won comfortably. berto showed massive heart though and you cant say thopse uppercuts werent nasty, so how were they "on his nuts"?

it takes two fighters to put on a great fight, berto fought a great fight but guerrero fought a magnificent fight. they both deserved props at the end and they both got it, if berto hadnt fought well he wouldnt have lasted 12 rounds with guerrero the way he was fighting. good commentary for once.

Comment

Brandon Rios reminds me more of Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            Brandon Rios reminds me more of Margarito.
            not if you know anything about boxing bro

Comment

HBO Commentating is an utter disgrace, showtime is better.

Comment

The Boxnation commentary was disgraceful too. They had The Ghost by 1 & another a draw. It was like they was ignoring all of Guerreros work and going crazy over anything Berto would land. Non stop going on about his power.

They bigged up a Berto uppercut claiming Guerrero was hurt & tbf it got his attention and he exploded into life, hurting Berto and was plastering him with combinations, multiple uppercuts inside that went unanswered. Berto didn't know what the hell hit him and they didn't say a word about Guerrero on top despite having Berto seemingly out on his feet.

Comment

hbo's commentators are def biased a lot of times. they don't always hate on latinos though, hbo supports alvarez, mikey garcia, rios, cotto, danny garcia, and gamboa. i don't think mares and santa cruz have been on hbo, have they? i remember mares was in that bantamweight tourney and leo won his belt on a showtime undercard. after that, the morel and zaleta fights were also on showtime.
                  who does showtime have on their commentator list that's latino? that one boxer that does sho extreme cards right? forgot his name. either way, hbo is def on the downslide when it comes to commentary for fights. they need new people.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                    hbo's commentators are def biased a lot of times. they don't always hate on latinos though, hbo supports alvarez, mikey garcia, rios, cotto, danny garcia, and gamboa. i don't think mares and santa cruz have been on hbo, have they? i remember mares was in that bantamweight tourney and leo won his belt on a showtime undercard. after that, the morel and zaleta fights were also on showtime.
                    who does showtime have on their commentator list that's latino? that one boxer that does sho extreme cards right? forgot his name. either way, hbo is def on the downslide when it comes to commentary for fights. they need new people.
                    I don't agree with this.... Seth Mitchell has been far more promoted than Garcia, Mikey and Rios yet he's garbage and offers nothing, no name, no fan base, no future no anything. Bradley - Alexander was supposed to be one of the best fights in recent times according to them. Yet Martinez gets little to no exposure. Alexander, Seth Mitchell, Hopkins> Marquez, Martinez according to HBO. Their bias is beyond sickening. They promote acouple Latino boxers so people to get wise to their blatant favoritism and bias

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      I don't agree with this.... Seth Mitchell has been far more promoted than Garcia, Mikey and Rios yet he's garbage and offers nothing, no name, no fan base, no future no anything. Bradley - Alexander was supposed to be one of the best fights in recent times according to them. Yet Martinez gets little to no exposure. Alexander, Seth Mitchell, Hopkins> Marquez, Martinez according to HBO. Their bias is beyond sickening. They promote acouple Latino boxers so people to get wise to their blatant favoritism and bias
                      mitchell was an undefeated american heavyweight, that's what lots of people (american fans) want to see in boxing (another top american heavyweight). so of course hbo invested in him, it gave them hope.
                      rios was on showtime for a while, but even then, as soon as he got back on hbo (murray) they filmed a 2 day episode with him. mikey garcia has been fighting stiffs on boxing after dark undercards. as soon as he steps up hbo will promote him more.
                      i don't have a response to how they treat martinez and marquez, i agree with you there. they do take shots at them, which is stupid since they're hbo fighters.
                      both alexander and bradley were dominant undefeated american fighters coming into that fight. it's not hbo's fault alexander stunk up the fight, it was suppose to be a big fight (but in retrospect it seemed like it was made too early).

Comment

Working...
                      X