No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman = useless (or worse)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Kellerman = useless (or worse)

Anyone else found Kellerman's "insights" (Ward-Dawson) ranging from pathetically obvious to plain bull****. It was great to see Ward put up such a great performance, but Max' inane comments were starting to ruin it. I think I shut down the audio in round 7 r so.

The comments made by all 3 of them were pretty much useless as always. The only good commentator they have his RJ, he should be hired full time and get rid of stewards old ass.

Comment

Man... HBO's commentating was a total disgrace and disgusting last night. Im the first one to tell you I dont get caught up in commentating too much but last night I couldn't help it. All night you heard nothing but praises for Ward (who wasn't even an HBO fighter) while TOTALLY dismissing the fact that Dawson came down in weight... Im pretty sure Ward's superman type performance was all him and had nothing to do with Dawson coming down in weight...

Comment

Ward is clearly someone they are trying to groom as a HBO star, though I still doubt Ward becomes a big star ever. He'll be Roy Jones or Bernard Hopkins big, not Oscar or Floyd big.

But still, the announcers had nothing to do with Ward beating Dawson's ass. It was a great win and performance by Ward, I was shocked that Ward stopped him. Obviously it would have been greater had Ward gone up in weight or if they'd fought a non-title CW fight or something. Still, a great win for Ward. I wouldn't rule out a rematch at 175 in the next few years, if Dawson stays on top there.

Dawson should fight either Cloud or Pascal next.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Ward is clearly someone they are trying to groom as a HBO star, though I still doubt Ward becomes a big star ever. He'll be Roy Jones or Bernard Hopkins big, not Oscar or Floyd big.

But still, the announcers had nothing to do with Ward beating Dawson's ass. It was a great win and performance by Ward, I was shocked that Ward stopped him. Obviously it would have been greater had Ward gone up in weight or if they'd fought a non-title CW fight or something. Still, a great win for Ward. I wouldn't rule out a rematch at 175 in the next few years, if Dawson stays on top there.

Dawson should fight either Cloud or Pascal next.
          Wrong thread bud...

This is not a "Let's Praise Ward" thread. Guess you just had to find a way to throw that in there.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            Anyone else found Kellerman's "insights" (Ward-Dawson) ranging from pathetically obvious to plain bull****. It was great to see Ward put up such a great performance, but Max' inane comments were starting to ruin it. I think I shut down the audio in round 7 r so.
            i think he feels like a bit of a third leg when merchant is there.

he was cast in the role of "expert" commentator, and he's really not an expert on the act of boxing.

Comment

Hbo just love grooming fighters to be stars and hyping them. The commentary makes it so obvious it's not even funny. As far as the fight goes, let's be honest dawson looked like a deadman from the start. He should have been out of there much earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i think he feels like a bit of a third leg when merchant is there.

he was cast in the role of "expert" commentator, and he's really not an expert on the act of boxing.
                Lol Kellerman is a clown. I like when he gets into it with Roy and they disagree with each other and Roy schools his ass. Then he finds a way to agree with Roy like "Yea well... blah blah"

Comment

I didnt get to hear the commentary, because the fight was in HD on the latino channel,and in english on the standard definition channel, therefore I didnt really hear their commentary. Max sometimes has good things to say though, better then Foreman.

Comment

Notice HBO never mention Golokovin to Ward, they just basically said is a move to 175 your next step I beleive the man called out anyone from 154 to 168 that mean Mayweather to Ward right ?

Comment

Working...
                    X