Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why DiBella is wrong, and Cotto-Berto will be nearly impossible to make.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    But he's also justifying why it shouldn't happeen which once again just encourages greed.
    Where did he justify? He simply said Berto is going to want more money for Cotto than Quintana, which is true. He didn't say he agreed with it. He's just making an assumption (a pretty accurate one too) that Berto is going to want more money for a Miguel Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      This is just entirely misinformed.

I don't encourage ****, I just state the facts for the idiots who go "ohh Arum is trying to keep in house fights" or "berto is ducking prima donna".

I don't give a **** what they make, but whether you like it or not this is the way things are, and your petty little stance isn't gonna change it.

And maybe you don't follow other sports, but contracts in EVERY sport are huge deals, probably bigger than in boxing.

Do you realize that the first overall pick of the NFL draft next year will be getting over $50 million guaranteed? A guy that will have yet to take an NFL snap will be getting $50 million guaranteed. But no, it's only boxing, get outta here. I hate to say it, but you're out of your league in this discussion.
      And do you really think established champions fight for 30%? No! So why encourage it???

Comment

Is it me or is Pistol Whip just very naive? Why don't you start your own promotion company and make a fight where the guy who has been the huge draw and rakes in all the viewers will get 50% and the guy who doesn't draw crap make the other 50%. See how that goes. As long as the fight gets made, right?

In your fantasy boxing world that might sound fine and dandy, but that's not how things work here, buddy. Now get your head out of your ass and shut the fuck up with your idealistic bullshit.

Comment

And do you really think established champions fight for 30%? No! So why encourage it???
          HE'S NOT ENCOURAGING ANYTHING. LEARN TO ****IN READ.

Good lord...

Comment

No all you do is encourage fighters and promoters to be as greedy as fuking possiable. In every other major sport nobody cares how much so and so makes in fact they criticize them for making too much. But in this sport idiot fans take sides which allows promoters to go on with the same stupidity that has cost fans of the sport so many great fights for years and years and years.
            When Fedor talk IFC, he talks money.

Since money is what prize fighting is about, then ofcourse we can talk about it.

If you don't want to, then **** off.

It's not like because we on Boxing Scene talk abotu it, that fighters don't fight.

You dick

Comment

Pistol whip is making a stand, berto and cotto gonna listen to him.

He is don king, ellerbe and floyd maywetaher in one, he has power, power to the people.

Comment

Yea, I think they do when they're not established and bring very little to the table.

65-35 is more than fair for this fight. But that wasn't even my argument, you're just harping on things that don't matter. I'm talking about the money HBO will put up for the fight and whether or not it will be adequate for both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  By The way Berto deserves 25%- 30% tops. He cant draw flies to ****, Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in the sport. Berto doesnt have any saying on the matter, he either takes whats given to him or **** off.
                  I approve of this message

Comment

Working...
                  X