No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Martinez is the only top 5 p4p fighter that has routinely been given passes for the fights he has. Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez, Donaire, Ward, they all get hated on immensely no matter who they fight, but Sergio goes mostly untouched for some reason. It's bullsh**.
    Chavez outweighed him by 15+ pounds and was ranked in at least the top 5 of the MW division. Obviously, his skills are limited, but his size will give many people in the division tons of problems as it gives him extra power and durability.

Sergio probably fought him mostly for the money, but when you're 37 and have not yet had a big money fight then it makes sense.

He could have fought someone better than Barker, but it came off a solid stretch of opponents at least. I don't think Murray is a better talent than Golovkin, but it isn't as if Geale has proven that much more than Murray. Murray could have been the guy who took Sturm's belt. Geale is also fighting Mundine over Pirog or Golovkin., so I don't think we'll find out that much about him in the near future.

Also, Pirog's biggest win is against prospect Danny Jacobs. It isn't as if he has proven that much either. He may very well be avoided and it is just a shame he got injured before the Golovkin bout.

I'm not going to say Martinez has faced the kind of opposition Ward has because he has not, but it definitely has not been awful. I also want to know who you wanted him to fight? It wasn't as if there has been an abundance of proven fighters from 154-160 over the last few years. I'd like to see him fight Golovkin, but it is definitely a high-risk, low-reward fight for Sergio.

I don't like the idea of a second fight with Chavez either, but it is the only big money fight readily available to Sergio.
    Last edited by RapidFire26; 12-22-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayweatherfan11 View Post
      Good post but just to correct you, the bit in bold is wrong. Mayweather beat Cotto by UD not SD.
      your absolutely right. appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Sergio's fighting Martin F**king Murray next......Martin Murray

Williams and Pavlik were good wins, and Macklin/Chavez were acceptable. Dzinziruk was ehhh, he wasn't a MW but it was tolerable. Barker was a joke, Murray is a bit of a joke (considering his best fights at 160 are Golovkin, Geale, and Pirog) and a Chavez rematch is an even bigger joke.
        Geale hasn't proven all that much more than Murray in the ring against top competition (Murray easily could have been the one who got Sturm's belt). Neither has Golovkin for that matter, but the guy definitely has the chance to be a star and was avoided by Sturm from all indications.

It is a shame Pirog got injured in the run up to the Golovkin bout, but his biggest win is Danny Jacobs, so it isn't as if he is proven either.

I don't like the idea of Martinez-Chavez II, but it is the only big money fight readily available to Sergio. He has to think about this given his age.
        Last edited by RapidFire26; 12-22-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• This a good fight, but not a PPV one. The Ghost deserves it and FLoyd as a true champion is once again fighting a young prime fighter coming off the greatest win of his career at the weight their best win was at. No weight draining here. Warrr Moneyyyyyyyyy

Comment

Working...
          X