Oosthuizen v Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oosthuizen v Bryant

Oosthuizen lined up for Froch

UNBEATEN South African Thomas Oosthuizen is the latest name being linked with Nottingham's IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch.

Froch has been mentioning former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik (42-40-2-0) for his next fight in early November.

But IBO champ Oosthuizen could get his chance, providing he comes through his title defence against Rowland Bryant in New York on Thursday.

Oosthuizen, 24, has a 20-19-0-1 record. But he met mainly domestic opposition until stepping up in class to take on the likes of Aaron Pryor jnr and Marcus Johnson.

"I've had a chat with my trainer, Robert McCracken, and a few names have come up," said Froch.

The Cobra is already back in the gym following family holidays in Disneyland Paris and Marbella.

"I need to stay professional and get motivated," added Froch. "I'll have my usual 12-week stint before the fight."

Froch will have to wait to see who the No.1 challenger to his IBF title will be, after the eliminator between Adonis Stevenson and Don George was postponed.

It was due to be on the undercard of Jean Pascal v Tavoris Cloud in Monreal. But the show has been scrapped after Pascal injured his hand in training.

Stevenson, who fancies his chances against Froch, and big-hitting George will now meet in late August or early September.

Froch victim Lucian Bute makes his comeback against unbeaten Russian light-heavyweight Denis Grachev, in Montreal, on November 3.

Jason Booth is looking to be back in action by the end of September.

"I'm looking to get him an eight- rounder against good bantamweight opposition," said manager Jimmy Gill.

"We need to get a 'W' next to his name and then we will go for it.

"He has bags of talent. He has still got what it takes at this level."
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Oo...ail/story.html

With Bute fighting Grachev, and Oosthuizen likely to get a Froch shot will Kessler fight Pavlik?

Nah Kessler is looking for a big fight, like the winners of Ward/Dawson, Pascal/Cloud or Abraham/Siteglitz. Pavlik is not an elite fighter anymore and his marketability has significantly dropped.

The Cobra is already back in the gym following family holidays in Disneyland Paris and Marbella.
    Off topic but isn't his son about one year old? It's stupid to bring kids that young to disneyland, they don't even understand where they are and they won't remember shit.

Comment

Working...
    X