No announcement yet.

Mijares vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    Lol Mijares vs Nonito. Mijares is not the boxer he used to be, after Vic he was not the same and after his two loses against Cermeņo it's pretty obvious that he's not beating Donaire.
    In the Darchinyan fight, Mijares started using a different style and Darchinyan, who fought the best fight I've ever seen from him, crushed him for it. Mijares has kind of returned to his previous style, but his reflexes arent as sharp and darchinyan's beating took something out of him.

He's done a good job of rebounding since his horrible 2009. Not sure if it deserves a shot at Donaire, but oh well. It's a stay busy fight against a notable mexican.

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
    Why is Marquez fighting Gesta? Thats some BS.

Marquez is a elite fighter, stay at 140/147 and fight some top ranked contender!!
    The whole idea is to have a Pinoy-Mexican card. That being said, I don't think Marquez has agreed on fighting Gesta, that's just Arum's plans.

Though we know what Arum wants, Arum normally gets.

Comment

Donaire vs. Mijares a fight that should of been made around late 07-early 08 when it would of matter the most.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        In the Darchinyan fight, Mijares started using a different style and Darchinyan, who fought the best fight I've ever seen from him, crushed him for it. Mijares has kind of returned to his previous style, but his reflexes arent as sharp and darchinyan's beating took something out of him.

He's done a good job of rebounding since his horrible 2009. Not sure if it deserves a shot at Donaire, but oh well. It's a stay busy fight against a notable mexican.

The whole idea is to have a Pinoy-Mexican card. That being said, I don't think Marquez has agreed on fighting Gesta, that's just Arum's plans.

Though we know what Arum wants, Arum normally gets.
        I know what arum wants and I knew it was some mex vs pinoy card, but still Marquez is just as elite as Pacquiao, Mayweather Marquez, Cotto, Martinez,ect,ect.

He should be aiming at Top people!!! JMM fighitng gesta is like floyd fighting Aydin!!!

And Donaire needs to get serious!!! Mijares? no thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by We've Got Bush View Post
          Donaire vs. Mijares a fight that should of been made around late 07-early 08 when it would of matter the most.
          Donaire got jealous of Mayweather so he felt like he had to one up him so he's going with Mijares.

Comment

lol...donaire, donaire, donaire...smh...

Comment

Mijares, that's worse than the Terrazas matchup. Mijares has had more fights than Donaire at 122 but fought most of his fights at 115 and is past his prime. Useless fight in a PI VS Mex card.

Donaire might as well fight a 126 tune up fight and move up to 126 if he doesn't fight Nishioka or Rigondeaux. I'd rather see Donaire fight a low ranked 126 lb fighter than a blown up past prime Mijares at 122.

A mediocre fighter at 126 like Robinson Castellanos would interest me more than a Mijares matchup at 122.
              Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 02-27-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

WTF is this s**t all about this is some b.s right here waste of time and money for HBO. Vic knockout Mijares in a one sided fight and Nonito knocked out Vic in the 7th round so way is this fight happening.

Comment

Wait this is ppv? I wouldn't mind if it was boxing after dark or something but this is a terrible ppv if that's the case. The hell is top rank thinking? Cowboys stadium and ppv with two mismatcheis??

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Wait this is ppv? I wouldn't mind if it was boxing after dark or something but this is a terrible ppv if that's the case. The hell is top rank thinking? Cowboys stadium and ppv with two mismatcheis??
                    Sadly, I think with the nationalistic theme and venue, the public will eat it up. One guaranteed win for Mexico (Marquez) and one win for Pinoys (Donaire). I would prefer two mismatches in favor of Filipino fighters lol.

Comment

hmm i guess I will watch

Comment

Working...
                      X