No announcement yet.

Real reason Teofimo Lopez is rushing for Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real reason Teofimo Lopez is rushing for Loma

Looks like its killing him to make weight.

He said he is trying to hold out as long a he can. But his body is growing now.

They asked if he would wait until the SB next year for the mega fight he said no he was gonna wait till dec but now he doesn't even know if he could make that after weighing in for this fight. He didn't feel his best and he isn't gonna be killing his body. He wants Loma, Commy or Campbell in July.

@0:40

Last night I kept thinking that he looks like a WW. I like his style appreciate his look for the KO mentality but he is average. A friday night fight contender.

Comment

they (TR) want to make the fight bigger. His only options are Commey or Luke in July. Loma has to keep off the hand for 5-6 weeks or something Bob said, rehabbing until September.
      Last edited by SCEN3RY; 04-21-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        ab boxing cut off an important part of the video," they don't want to make the fight happen...." cut off

Just watch this: TR doesn't want to make the fight happen yet bc they want to make it bigger.

Well ya that's why they wanna make it during the super bowel in feb. This guy cant make it that long.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post

They asked if he would wait until the SB next year for the mega fight he said no he was gonna wait till dec but now he doesn't even know if he could make that after weighing in for this fight. He didn't feel his best and he isn't gonna be killing his body. He wants Loma, Commy or Campbell in July.

That's why he was complaining about his training camp after the fight. He came out of nowhere with that complaint & wouldn't elaborate on it.

Comment

If he can't make the weight anymore he doesn't belong in the weight class...

No need to go around weight bullying

Comment

Well ya that's why they wanna make it during the super bowel in feb. This guy cant make it that long.
              yeah my fault, I caught that bit during the beginning that I said AB left out, they didn't leave it out, my mistake. I just responded in edit tho. Arum said Loma can't come back until September, July isn't an option for the Loma fight.

Comment

If he beats somebody from top 10 than Loma could fight him but if he can't make 135 any more it's on him and he can't cry someone ducked him. He probably is gonna cry anyway, that's what most young American boxers do now days. Guy who is 21 can get away with crying but 28 years old grown man like Charlo?

Comment

Teo is a big boy he is 140 pounder he already said making 35 is killing him because his body is filling out, I think he said his walk around weight was 155-160 pounds and he is fairly lean doesnt get fat inbetween.

Comment

Campbell is the much better boxer imo, over Commey, but Commey is a pretty good puncher on size alone so either of those fights next would be good. I think TR wants big fights like any other promoter and they're going to maneuver Lopez how they think is best before he gets out of 135.

Comment

Working...
                    X