No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: We'll See How Good Benavidez is Come Fight Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Refer to my post above. Crawford won the 135-title from a different promoters fighter, then the best available fight and opponent (Gamboa) was with another promoter and at 140 his 4 titles in 3 fights included fights against boxers of two different promoters (Indongo and Dulorme). He fought exactly what was in the way of preventing him cleaning out 135 and becoming undisputed at 140.

It's hard to bash a guy because the talent pool wasn't to your satisfaction in two separate divisions. That would be akin to bashing GGG for not being a super flyweight.
    ive not seen any signs at all that crawfords desperately trying to fight these pbc guys. its hardly as if arum is keeping him on a leash. i think hes quite happy with the guys arum is giving him to fight, and why wouldnt he be? nice easy wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      I'm Willing to bet uncle Bob didn't tell Crawford he'll be fighting in-house fights only.
      But you said so yourself and I'm with you on this...
      I don't believe uncle Bob would block a Crawford fight against any of the top PBC guys.. But it's not only up to him. Peope need to remember that and stop blaming uncle Bob for everything.
      And I don't even like that old punk motherfuccer uncle Bob but I'm just keeping it real here!
      yeah i think if there was enough pressure put on him from both sides then he'd make the fight. at the end of the day promoters work for the fighters, and if they didnt then fighters wouldnt sign with them in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
        yeah i think if there was enough pressure put on him from both sides then he'd make the fight. at the end of the day promoters work for the fighters, and if they didnt then fighters wouldnt sign with them in the future.
        I agree. But at the same time both Crawford and Spence wanna get paid good money for this fight. I doubt either one will take the fight for 1-2 million...
        So maybe the only way to go is PPV... I would definitely pay a ppv fee to see this fight.
        If that's the case the fight does need to build up some...

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
          Mikey Garcia has a b level resume and is overhyped? Holy **** another one of the Lomachenko nut huggers. Get a life kid
          Does he not? I'm not hating on either guy, both are elite talents but they just have crap resumes. Nobody is even bringing up Lomachenko bro.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Does he not? I'm not hating on either guy, both are elite talents but they just have crap resumes. Nobody is even bringing up Lomachenko bro.
            Lomachenko has an obsessed set of detractors on here. They bring him up all the time in treads and topics that have nothing to do with it. Chalk it up to insecurity I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
              That might be true, it might not be true. But either way it's not his fault. He fights whoever Bob Arum puts in front of him and things aren't going to get any better since all the top weights are with Al Haymon.
              It's his fault now at 30. He stayed with Arum until 30 without getting a big name at 140 or 147. Stop making excuses. Never any responsibility on these athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Do you realize just how many boxers have ever fought and past the age of 30? The % of them that can say they became undisputed in one division and cleaning out another is very small.

You can say he doesn't have any great wins or names on his resume and you'd be right but to suggest it's in a "worst" category is asinine.

It's debatable if GGG up until now has a better resume than Bud let alone when he was 30.
                Are you dumb, pu55y? GGG beat Jacobs that alone is more impressive than anything Dud has done. I'd actually consider smacking you at some time in the future possibly for disrespecting Jacobs like that. He'd probably smack you too.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Are you dumb, pu55y? GGG beat Jacobs that alone is more impressive than anything Dud has done. I'd actually consider smacking you at some time in the future possibly for disrespecting Jacobs like that. He'd probably smack you too.
                  Cool.

And one fight doesn't make or break a resume. Is Buster Douglas better than Larry Holmes? He has a better win.

Does Pirog have a better resume than GGG?

Comment

Crawford fighting another c class opponent, yawn.

Dude seems to be really happy beating up nohopers, another easy payday, he isnt even interested in facing legit opponents, thats quite embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Nah, we don't need to see. We already know he's not very good, just like every other opponent of your entire boring career. When is Crawford going to step it up?? Lomachenko has multiple times, so we know it's not Top Rank's fault. When will Crawford?
                      Every other opponent of his entire boxing career? That's way too harsh. It's easy to say that in hindsight after Bud's previous opponents have been dismantled.
                      I don't know what people like you are crying about. He just stepped up to welterweight. Nobody who is being realistic about his next opponent thought it would be Spence or Garcia/Porter since they are already fighting each other. Once the dust settles regarding Porter/Garcia, Spence fights the winner and MIA Thurman decides if he's still a pro boxer, Crawford will fight whoever has the belts. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X