No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Bob Foster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier vs Bob Foster

Joe Frazier defends his World Heavyweight Titles (WBC/WBA) against Light Heavyweight Champion Bob Foster.

Foster hasn't suffered defeat in 5 years, and is on a 20 fight win streak, which included winning the LHW Title from Dick Tiger.

Frazier carries a perfect 25-0 record and is on the 6th defence of his Heavyweight Crown, going into this fight Frazier has beaten fighter like Oscar Natalio Bonavena,Buster Mathis, and Jerry Quarry.

Referee: Tom Briscoe

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
    Joe Frazier defends his World Heavyweight Titles (WBC/WBA) against Light Heavyweight Champion Bob Foster.

Foster hasn't suffered defeat in 5 years, and is on a 20 fight win streak, which included winning the LHW Title from Dick Tiger.

Frazier carries a perfect 25-0 record and is on the 6th defence of his Heavyweight Crown, going into this fight Frazier has beaten fighter like Oscar Natalio Bonavena,Buster Mathis, and Jerry Quarry.

Referee: Tom Briscoe

I Think it went about 2 rounds with Foster getting starched quite badly by Smokes big left hook.. A few ATG L/H's made the transition to heavyweight & did quite well..
    Foster, I believe, picked a pretty bad time with the likes of Frazier & Ali in their primes..
    If I remember rightly, Foster still holds the record for the most successful defences at L/H, but ironically is probably the least successful to move up..
    As a matter of interest, was this Foster's 1st fight at heavy? I know he also lost to Ali.. Was it only 2 fights he had at this weight? If so, I suppose it's another reason to justify David Hayes impending challenge..
    Last edited by mickey malone; 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Bob Foster fought a few times in the HW division early in his career, but with little success. I think he got KOed in all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Noodle View Post
        Bob Foster fought a few times in the HW division early in his career, but with little success. I think he got KOed in all of them.
        Doug Jones starched Foster as well.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          As a matter of interest, was this Foster's 1st fight at heavy?
          Foster first ever fight at Heavyweight was against Doug Jones were he was stopped in 8 rounds, this was 8 years before the Frazier fight.........

Comment

Frazier's Left Hook is devastating in this fight.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
              Foster first ever fight at Heavyweight was against Doug Jones were he was stopped in 8 rounds, this was 8 years before the Frazier fight.........
              Thanks, I couldn't remember that.. I remember Doug Jones though & I'm surprised he isn't more often noted as a big puncher.. I believe he was the 1st man to deck Ali..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                Thanks, I couldn't remember that.. I remember Doug Jones though & I'm surprised he isn't more often noted as a big puncher.. I believe he was the 1st man to deck Ali..
                No problem.......

Comment

Working...
                X