Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 pecent of fights end up on the ground?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 pecent of fights end up on the ground?

I don't think that is very accurate. Ive been in a ton of streetfights, and we pretty much stayed toe to toe, the only ground that went in is when glass joe got dropped and i kicked him in the nose.

Anyone have a good argument for this?

I get tired after going toe to toe for a while if I havnt knocked them down already I usually throw a head and arm on and take them down get up and do the all mighty head stomp.......

Comment

Re: 90 pecent of fights end up on the ground?

[quote:7938a588cb="Waylander"]I don't think that is very accurate. Ive been in a ton of streetfights, and we pretty much stayed toe to toe, the only ground that went in is when glass joe got dropped and i kicked him in the nose.

Anyone have a good argument for this?[/quote:7938a588cb]

then you have not been in many fights. 90% of all fights end up on the ground. They start with exchanging blows...... but ALWAYS, 100% end up on the ground, just as 100% of all fights start standing up.

If they don't end up on the ground, then 1, you never were able/ powerful enough to put them on the floor. 2, they did'nt put up much of a fight for you to take them to the floor. 3, you were to damn scared to take them to the floor cause you might get ****ed up cause you don't know how to fight on the ground. 4, you were obviously not trying to serve a beat down, cause if you were, you would knock them to the ground and GnP thier face in.
      5, vise versa on all of the situations above.

Comment

mostly it i some exchange of kicks and punches then someone drags or throws the other one to the ground...unless one of them really really want to keep it standing..

Comment

[quote:63f3d2d8c4="Waylander"]I don't think that is very accurate. Ive been in a ton of streetfights, and we pretty much stayed toe to toe, the only ground that went in is when glass joe got dropped and i kicked him in the nose.

Anyone have a good argument for this?[/quote:63f3d2d8c4]

well there isnt really much to say if u saw all these street fights go toe to toe. its ur persoanl exsperience vs. someonelses. but like i said before, i have been in tons of street fights and seen 100x's more then that. and only once have i seen two big boys who knew how to box go toe to toe.
          it was an anwsome fight!!! my main reason to want to know stand up is because i seemed to always get ****in jumped!! i always have atleast two mother****ers on me!! so thats why my street stand up is very important. i cant fight two guys at once on the ground

Comment

[quote:2bff9c2db4="Adam"][quote:2bff9c2db4="Waylander"]I don't think that is very accurate. Ive been in a ton of streetfights, and we pretty much stayed toe to toe, the only ground that went in is when glass joe got dropped and i kicked him in the nose.

Anyone have a good argument for this?[/quote:2bff9c2db4]

then you have not been in many fights. 90% of all fights end up on the ground. They start with exchanging blows...... but ALWAYS, 100% end up on the ground, just as 100% of all fights start standing up.

If they don't end up on the ground, then 1, you never were able/ powerful enough to put them on the floor. 2, they did'nt put up much of a fight for you to take them to the floor. 3, you were to damn scared to take them to the floor cause you might get ****ed up cause you don't know how to fight on the ground. 4, you were obviously not trying to serve a beat down, cause if you were, you would knock them to the ground and GnP thier face in.
            5, vise versa on all of the situations above.[/quote:2bff9c2db4]

Sounds like your spouting off what you learned in jiu jitsu and not thinking on your own.
            Are you telling me that Boxing and K-1, kick boxing arent considered a fight?
            I guess Chuck Liddell's win over Suloev in UFC 35 just wasn't a fight either. The only time a fight goes to the ground is if someone wants it to go to the ground. If your confident in your stand up, you should be able to end a fight rather efficiently.

Comment

I prefer stand up to BJJ in a street fight, only one of my street fights ever went to the ground. Too much bad **** can happen when you are on the ground!

Comment

[quote:e8dcc3a069="Waylander"]Sounds like your spouting off what you learned in jiu jitsu and not thinking on your own.
                Are you telling me that Boxing and K-1, kick boxing arent considered a fight?
                I guess Chuck Liddell's win over Suloev in UFC 35 just wasn't a fight either. The only time a fight goes to the ground is if someone wants it to go to the ground. If your confident in your stand up, you should be able to end a fight rather efficiently.[/quote:e8dcc3a069]

True, however...... those fights are more controlled, so in a more NO HOLDS BARRED fight, whether proffessional or just a regular street fight, it ALWAYS goes to the ground PERIOD. Thats not jiu-jitsu talk, thats just normal situations. There is gonna be one of the fighters that will be a little better in that particular fight, thats how we have "winners" in the end, becuase someone is better...... the fighter that is not as good will more than likely try to take the fight to the ground. Or vise versa if the other fighter's game is on the ground as well and going for the gNp.

I will admit that stand-up IS needed, but the topic is *90% of the fights end up on the ground*, and that is the truth if you are asking for general fights(pro or street)/ NHB, or were you asking for Controlled Sport Fighting (ie. Boxing, Kickboxing, etc. etc.)????

Please, either clarify your question or it stands that 90% of fights DO end up on the ground.

Does anybody agree?

Comment

I think most go to the ground (people who dont know nuttin' but drinking) because they start trying to put there "will" on the other guy and its tuff not to slip and if one guy is going down the other guy is gonna grab him ...and its now on the ground. Also option 2 is ... you start boxing the hell out of this guy and he is losing (and getting laughed at) he does a bull rush and a tackle.... also now on the ground.

Comment

[quote:e029d19f72="Anonymous"]I think most go to the ground (people who dont know nuttin' but drinking) because they start trying to put there "will" on the other guy and its tuff not to slip and if one guy is going down the other guy is gonna grab him ...and its now on the ground. Also option 2 is ... you start boxing the hell out of this guy and he is losing (and getting laughed at) he does a bull rush and a tackle.... also now on the ground.[/quote:e029d19f72]
                    Sorry i wasn't logged in.

Comment

Working...
                    X