Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Berto pull his hand back the way he does after he throws a right hand.

It serves absolutely no purpose at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Why does Berto pull his hand back the way he does after he throws a right hand.

He thinks that he's Pete Townshend or something. I don't know. It's stupid.

Comment

Flash, just to highlight the fact he got a right in. Show it off to the crowd and judges. Cotto made a bit of a habbit of it for a short while too - it does nothing for me or my scorecard tho....

Comment

because hes a jackass. that fight was boring for round 1 then i got a beer and it suddenly became better.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            according to hbo (and memory) i think zavek landed 41 percent of his power shots. he's [berto] fan friendly in that regard, to be nice about it.

russell isn't huge, and he clearly isn't a big puncher, but otherwise the kid's got it. i hope his hands can stay healthy. he should have a big 2012.

berto gets a hard wrap for his involvement with al haymon and some big paydays against soft opposition, and pulling out of a fight because many members of his family were killed in an earthquake

the guy has been in some very good fights. the hanspeed isn't quite what it used to be (remember how fast he looked against stevie forbes?)
            he's also blowing up to 160 for a WW fight. he looked very drained at the weigh in.
            he'll likely head to 154 if he cant get a shot at pacquiao, mayweather, khan, in the next short while. cotto and margarito would both be great fights. as would canelo. hell, if collazo can remain active that would be a great fight. their first fight was terrific.

it's nice to see a guy get back in the winning column.

i've never thought berto was going to be a great boxer, to be honest

when he was coming up he was billed as one of the next big things, mostly because of the handspeed. he's never been elusive. even in the amateurs he relied on being physical and offensive.

finally, zavek's corner had no idea how to deal with the damage to his face.
            i'm no cutman, and i'm not saying i could have done the better job, but the first step when you get a fighter whose face is covered in blood and messed up is to wipe him down with a towel and dry his face off

having all that blood and sweat on your face and around your eyes is disorienting.

a bit like opening your eyes when you're rinsing shampoo out of your hair

zaveks corner weren't even acting like they could handle the cuts and swelling (according the the top notch interpreter ^^ )

over all a solid fight
            berto should have a very enjoyable career.
            I agree with u on Zaveks cornermen having no clue how to deal with the eye

Berto i dont really care for, i feel like he thinks he's on the Mayweather level but he is FAR from that. His fights are usually good tho and im just gonna enjoy his career as a boxing fan and not a Berto fan

When he was coming up people on here were going mad for him but i felt he was over rated. NOW its gone the other way and i feel like while he is NOT great he isn't as bad as people think. He's got some guts, great speed, decent punch power, good body shots, combinations and a wicked uppercut. Of course he has flaws, BIG flaws that will no doubt be found out again or even more dramatically (KO losses) when he steps it up but he's still a pretty good fighter

Good point about GRJ's hands, i hope they hold up coz i think he has some real talent there, good fundamentals.

Comment

• ANy thoughts on Adamek vs Vitali?

Win lose or draw, i think Tomasz is coming to fight and will gain a whole lotta respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                ANy thoughts on Adamek vs Vitali?

Win lose or draw, i think Tomasz is coming to fight and will gain a whole lotta respect.
                It'll be a war, that's for sure! Adamek can't beat him though. Not from the outside with Vitali's length and not charging at him with Vitali's workrate...I think he'll get stopped. But he's gonna fight like a real man, that's for sure, no broken toe pussyfooting nonsense from him. Though of course it's the day of a concert that I'm going to so I'm gonna miss it in all likelihood I'll catch the download by the morning though I promise that.

Comment

• Vitali going to whoop Adamek's ass.

Comment

i'm pretty big on adamek

dude's a real fighter

but i don't think he's got more than a snowball's chance in a furnace against vitali

too much chin
                    too much ring generalship. i think vitali claims the center of the ring and gets in the much better work over 12 rounds

vitali's hands have slowed down a good deal in the last two years, though
                    so perhaps adamek can go in and out and try and outwork him
                    but i don't like his chances.

Comment

I honestly don't see it as competitive as some others. Vitali will wear Adamek down and stop him late or win a very clear decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X