No announcement yet.

My vision sucks now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vision sucks now...

So i just started doing a little sparring, really light contact. I wear glasses, my vision sucks. I had to take my glasses off for sparring and having worn contacts for a year or so. I can only see a blur of the other guy and it totally sucks.

Is there any way around this, I thought about trying contact lenses again, but when i'd played football but i remember if i got pegged or something they'd slip out of place and it'd be a pain to try to readjust them with gloves on.

How do most visually declined people handle this, contacts, or do you just go and spar the blurry guy?

I was thinking about the Basketball goggles, we wear head gear, but i'm still thinking those are a bad idea. They stick out too much.

Get laser surgery ..........

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      Get laser surgery ..........
      I don't know if that was a joke, but thats actually not a bad idea, i didn't even think about it.

Comment

i have negative six vision and i still do well. really well, actually. there was a champion outta montreal who had like inch thick glasses. hit the shadow of a man. if you hit the shadow, youll hurt the man.
        ive been boxing/fighting since i was 13 tho. you can do it man.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
          So i just started doing a little sparring, really light contact. I wear glasses, my vision sucks. I had to take my glasses off for sparring and having worn contacts for a year or so. I can only see a blur of the other guy and it totally sucks.

Is there any way around this, I thought about trying contact lenses again, but when i'd played football but i remember if i got pegged or something they'd slip out of place and it'd be a pain to try to readjust them with gloves on.

How do most visually declined people handle this, contacts, or do you just go and spar the blurry guy?

I was thinking about the Basketball goggles, we wear head gear, but i'm still thinking those are a bad idea. They stick out too much.
          There is a corrective eye surgery that does not cut the cornea like lazik, its commonly done. That is your answer.

As for lazik itself, I had it done and have not had any trouble and I have taken blows to the head, but they say there is a higher chance that your eye can be messed up with lazik for contact sports.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
            I don't know if that was a joke, but thats actually not a bad idea, i didn't even think about it.
            lazik was the best 3000 dollars I have ever spent bar none in my life.

Take advantage of it because contacts and glasses SUCK.

Comment

not sure if you've heard of these contacts but i wear ones that you put in at night, they reshape your cornea while you sleep and you take them out when you wake up, giving you perfect vision for the day - i use these as i cant afford lazer surgery yet - we have them in australia so im sure you would have them in the US

Comment

Working...
              X