No announcement yet.

FNR4 quirky controls (not the analog complaint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNR4 quirky controls (not the analog complaint

the controls are so quirky, hooks are nearly useless to throw, instead all I see online is people spamming the same punch over and over again, or stepping back and throwing a haymaker. FNR3 had horrible quirks to like the parry system, but the punching was good, it always did what you wanted it to.

When you want to quickly duck down and throw a straight to the body, it doesnt throw it unless you are crouching first, which makes it very very awkward. hooks just get you killed, if they don't land they some how get you tangled and sitting in mid air for a hang time. Slipping the jab hardly even works, the other more powerful jab (the straight) *sarcasm* gets tripled up and hits you dead on even while you are violently slipping punches. The fighter that can throw more punches always wins. No hit and not being hit here. You are lucky if you can get a jab in and get out without being hit back.

I'm starting to hate this game, but the visuals are physics are so good I'm not quite there yet.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    the controls are so quirky, hooks are nearly useless to throw, instead all I see online is people spamming the same punch over and over again, or stepping back and throwing a haymaker. FNR3 had horrible quirks to like the parry system, but the punching was good, it always did what you wanted it to.

When you want to quickly duck down and throw a straight to the body, it doesnt throw it unless you are crouching first, which makes it very very awkward. hooks just get you killed, if they don't land they some how get you tangled and sitting in mid air for a hang time. Slipping the jab hardly even works, the other more powerful jab (the straight) *sarcasm* gets tripled up and hits you dead on even while you are violently slipping punches. The fighter that can throw more punches always wins. No hit and not being hit here. You are lucky if you can get a jab in and get out without being hit back.

I'm starting to hate this game, but the visuals are physics are so good I'm not quite there yet.
    this is so painfully true. punches are almost impossible to dodge compare to fnr3

Comment

Agree, Agree and Agree as sad as it is to say.

Even though it's still a cool game and I don't regret buying it....

It's nowhere near having a suitable realistic boxing engine.

There is no real fleet footedness.

All you can do is hold the joystick back and move away from your opponent. So yeah the whole game is a arcade slugfest.

Ala Fight Night Round 1.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

i have to say there isnt much satisfaction in throwing a punch, you dont hear that snap anymore.. you get a nice satisfaction in UFC 2009..

Comment

I play the game and throw a thousand jabs

They should of added Buttons end of..

Comment

Working...
          X