No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    Plenty of fighters like JMM out there willing to roid up because they can't beat the best fighters clean.
    You're talking about them Fighters who clean their system out with IV ?

Comment

I remember when the 3rd and 4th Pacquiao fights were made and nearly everyone counted him out. I knew he was still the better fighter and he proved it by schooling him in the 3rd fight (robbery of the year) and knocking him out in the 4th fight. To me those 2 fights proved beyond doubt that he was the 2nd greatest fighter of his era. Manny was never better than him, he just had a lot more hype/a bigger promoter behind him. I thought he beat Bradley as well. Great fighter.

I also really enjoyed the first Diaz fight (FOTY) and Katsidis.

Comment

I was lucky to be at around a dozen of his bouts (all from 2007 onward) and there's so many but I'll go with -

KO6 Pacquaio - Amazing moment in boxing history and for him and one of the best KO's ever. For the salty Pacquaio fans that cry foul, well your idol was juicing for YEARS and was juiced in this fight so stop with the hypocrisy.

W12 Barrera - Long awaited bout didn't fail the fans. Excellent skills on display and a great clear win for JMM in a massive fight.

KO9 Diaz - Perhaps the most entertaining battle of his career.

Pacquaio III - Gave Pacquaio a boxing lesson in probably his best tactical performance. Took Pacquaio's weapons away and really outclassed him.

KO 11 Casamayor - Casamayor was a little past his best here but still an excellent boxer and this was a real test for JMM coming up in weight. Cepillo was coming off a big win and was full of confidence.

KO 7 Medina - First title and a virtuoso display. Some amazing combinations on display.

Pacquaio II (another robbery but great action between two greats in their primes), Katsidis (his best offensive display IMO), Alvarado (last fight returning to the Forum and he looked excellent).

Comment

I remember in Pac vs Marquez 4 when the Mexican Anthem was playing and Marquez had a stone face and his fist to his heart like he was going to war!

Dude looked like he was charging up the Mexican Spirit bomb. Turned out, he was.

Comment

The first Pacquiao fight and the Casamayor fight were really good as well.

In all honesty I had him beating everyone he fought besides Mayweather.

The Norwood, John and 3rd Pacquiao fights were CLEAR robberies.

Pacquiao 2 and Bradley were close but I thought he edged both.

Comment

His Pacquiao KO will forever be my favorite boxing moment unless something glorious tops it.

His war with Juan Diaz was amazing, he really tamed the raging bull that night after a shaky start.

Comment

You can praise JMM ...thats fine. But to call Pac-JMM 3 a robbery ..means you know s#it.

That fight was close.. I personally had that fight a draw.

It's just bias that influences how you saw it.

In perspective, Pac-JMM 3 was a lot closer than GGG-Canelo... and GGG clearly won.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  The first Pacquiao fight and the Casamayor fight were really good as well.

In all honesty I had him beating everyone he fought besides Mayweather.

The Norwood, John and 3rd Pacquiao fights were CLEAR robberies.

Pacquiao 2 and Bradley were close but I thought he edged both.
                  Bradley I felt was about a draw. John was an outrageous robbery. Norwood decision was bad too as was Pacquaio III and he clearly won the 2nd.

Marquez basically never got the benefit of the doubt in anything resembling a close fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X