No announcement yet.

Mayweather Hasn't Faced A Prime Opponent since 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Hasn't Faced A Prime Opponent since 2011

I mean, prime in anyway, not necessarily a great fighter. Ortiz was a serviceable fighter and he was prime, since then, none, nada...no Bradley, no Khan and he even got Canelo to be drained. Are we supposed to take him seriously as a p4p entrant in all that time?

He's retired, bro. Move on

Comment

Life goes on!!

Comment

They was all prime apart from maybe Berto.
        Even Guerrero at the time Floyd fought him.

Comment

Maidana was prime and better than ever.....but like a hater you'll deny it.

Comment

IDK at the time the man was 34 and undefeated. 34 in sports years is on the downside of his career. At that point it was about money and money he made so you cant blame him. Besides I think he did fight Maidana during that time and Maidana was a lil terror. Not the most skilled, but awkward, powerful, and had underrated handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I mean, prime in anyway, not necessarily a great fighter. Ortiz was a serviceable fighter and he was prime, since then, none, nada...no Bradley, no Khan and he even got Canelo to be drained. Are we supposed to take him seriously as a p4p entrant in all that time?
              Since 2011? Man you guys just keep trying....Bradley was a top rank fighter, did you think bob arum would feed him to Floyd? Amir "Glass Jaw" Khan, child please! Nelo was the one that asked for the weight & it was only 2 pounds....SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                SNIP
                Maidana, Canelo were prime. 2 out of 7, not bad for being past your prime yourself.

If you turn 18, prime years end at age 32-34 and in 2011 Floyd was 34. Everybody after that was against an out of prime Mayweather.

Pro careers usually last 14-16 years, which puts Floyd at 2010-2012. Statistically, he should have retired in 2012.

Floyd did 21 years which is absolutely TBE --- even though I don't think HE was TBE, 21 years at that level was. Nobody will ever duplicate that. Thats because of his defensive/counter-punching style.

At 21 years pro, Ali had his last fight and was getting bombed on my Trevor Berbick who was a bit trashy.

Three years before that at 18 years pro, Leon Spinks was pushing Ali's shít in.

When Floyd was 19 years pro, he was pushing Pacuiao's shít in.

Sure, Ali took more damage, but that's because he wasn't as good as Floyd was. He didn't have a good defense.

Mayweather>Ali. How's about dem apples son!

Comment

But he faced hall of fame fighters like himself

Comment

Cherrypicker

Comment

Working...
                    X