Collapse
No announcement yet.

So boxing is useless in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So boxing is useless in a street fight?

That's basically what MMA fans are saying on sherdog forums. I encourage these fools to try and square up with a legit in shape non washed up boxer and see how fast they get K.O'd.

Guns are the most useful in a street fight. I want to see the most fit MMA fighter take on a fat old guy with a pistol pointed at him from 10 yards away.

Comment

Boxing has use in a street fight. So does track and field, judo, and wrestling.

I suspect 80% of mma/boxing forum posters don't even train based on their comments. Try not to take the internet so serious

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        That's basically what MMA fans are saying on sherdog forums. I encourage these fools to try and square up with a legit in shape non washed up boxer and see how fast they get K.O'd.
        I'm an MMA fan over a boxing fan but boxing is one of the best possible things to know on the street. The ability to move and throw quick combinations and keep yourself from becoming surrounded is one of the best things you could know. But one on one, an MMA fighter will win the vast majority of confrontations.

Comment

Originally posted by Pet Sounds
          No glass jawed grappler will ever beat me in a fight.

I would stomp on their ****ing head and take their head off.
          Please go to an MMA gym and say that, ask to spar, and make sure you get it on tape.

Comment

Originally posted by sunthunder View Post
            I'm an MMA fan over a boxing fan but boxing is one of the best possible things to know on the street. The ability to move and throw quick combinations and keep yourself from becoming surrounded is one of the best things you could know. But one on one, an MMA fighter will win the vast majority of confrontations.
            MMA is glorified street fights.

Comment

I've never seen someone make another person tap out in the streets. I've seen punch combination KO's though.

Comment

No, not at all.

Comment

Please go to an MMA gym and say that, ask to spar, and make sure you get it on tape.
                  Any boxer could go to any MMA "gym" and knock everyone out there with a jab.

Comment

Why does it always have to be in an MMA gym ? or with MMA rules ? When does Boxing get a chance ?

Comment

Working...
                    X