Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Question: Out of all the 140lbs is Amir Khan the most naturally gifted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    I don't see what the hype is about khan...he's overrated compared to the other fighters..even urango has a better resume...he hasn't shown a shocking performance...he's got ok power and ok speed...I think Roach makes Khan overrated...Had khan never cashed out Koltelnik for a tittle shot we would be seeing Ortiz as the WBA champ and Khan would be taking cautious fights at 140...but because he won the bid against gbp for tge koltelnik fight he is now the world champ and is dedending it against light punchers...smh...if I was Ortiz I'd be calling that fraud out for ****ting him out of a tittle shot
    I can agree with you about his power although i think his power is decent but Khan doesn't have"ok" speed. His handspeed is awesome. it's his best weapon.

Khan is talented and is argueably the most talented fighter at 140 but certainly not by far.

Bradley and Alexander are argueably more talented than him. Ortiz isn't on that list imo.

Comment

Khan can never be overrated with a chin like that.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        What do you mean by "talented"? He has immense physical assets but he doesn't strike as the most gifted boxer I ever saw. His ring IQ is low, he's very mechanical and he often suffers lapses in concentration.
        he has height and hand speed for a 140 lb'er. thats about it. i completely agree with the bolded part though.
        hes lucky he linked up with a good trainer early on. he wouldve ended up another jermain taylor...better athlete than natural boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post

Bradley and Alexander are argueably more talented than him. Ortiz isn't on that list imo.
          you must not know the meaning of physical talent then.
          ortiz is the biggest, strongest, hardest punching and most naturally athletic fighter at 140.

Comment

I haven't seen anything to make me think that. His movement is average, ring IQ average, KO power average, chin below average, hand speed above average. His resume is laughable to say the least. When the toughest opponent on your resume is Paulie Malignaggi it's clear you haven't arrived yet. Alexander is far more talented in my opinion. He's the same age as Amir Khan and faced way better competition. Plus he's chasing down tough competition. Khans glass jaw would be shattered by the uppercut that KO'd Iron Juan Urango.

Comment

Zab Judah at 140 even now has better physical skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  I don't see what the hype is about khan...he's overrated compared to the other fighters..even urango has a better resume...he hasn't shown a shocking performance...he's got ok power and ok speed...I think Roach makes Khan overrated...Had khan never cashed out Koltelnik for a tittle shot we would be seeing Ortiz as the WBA champ and Khan would be taking cautious fights at 140...but because he won the bid against gbp for tge koltelnik fight he is now the world champ and is dedending it against light punchers...smh...if I was Ortiz I'd be calling that fraud out for ****ting him out of a tittle shot
                  I stopped reading right after this: "and ok speed". Don't worry, your ignorance can be cured by actually watching a Khan fight.

Comment

No............

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      forgot about him. you're probably right, barring a lot of slippage.
                      judah's got a 10 cent brain and the heart of a robot, but there's no denying that he's one of the most physically gifted fighters of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X