View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 PM #10
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Count Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.94
Total Points: 2,783.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
From what you say, sounds like you fight in a conventional stance. To throw a lead left, you'll need to be fighting southpaw. I wouldn't recommend switching to southpaw to throw a lead left followed by a left hook. That's pretty awkward. You'll be way off balance and you won't be throwing your left hook properly or with any power if it follows a southpaw lead left. Since you are worried about jabbing his head back with the left hand and missing with the follow-up right hand, I would simply recommend getting in the habit of pumping a double jab before you throw the right hand. I think that should help improve the timing of your right hand. I also think a double jab is good practice anyway, especially if your first jab comes up short. Just an idea.
What he is talking about is not what you are talking about. Some guys throw a more loaded jab from a conventional stance.... Klitscho being one of them. My concern with it is that I get a lot of power from my right straight from the downward angle it takes and the distance it has to build speed, with a left "straight" I don't see that happening without opening one's self up to a right counter punch... Klitscho did it well though, so it's not to be said it couldn't be done, I just wouldn't recommend a new person to use it, I have eaten several counter punches throwing left hooks, it's all timing and learning when and when not to throw it.
Count Patron is offline   Reply With Quote