Gamboa proved two things last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Very good points
    Fact is , I don’t see him going against Loma anytime soon or even a Haney unfortunately

He’d definitely need kind of like a rehab training program lol
    I agree tbf mate, I think they are just gonna milk that WBA strap.

I like the idea of a fight with Fortuna if he gets past Campbell. That’s surely a natural fight to make with both being PBC affiliated.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      His corner didn’t take the punches bro...

He might of said he wanted out but his actions proved otherwise.

At 38 yrs old, badly injured and having already made more money than a Cuban kid would have ever dreamt of, Gamboa deserves a tonne of credit.
      He did what any fighter with heart does. Listens to his corner. And would have quit if he were allowed to do so. He respects and listens to his corner as any discipline fighter should. He gets credit for sure. And despite if the corner took punches or not has nothing to do with shlt. had it not been for his corner he would have quit and maybe got knocked out sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
        Manny has been stopped by less than Gamboa.

Best to see how Tank matures you guys write everybody off when the facts are that all fighters have off nights or bad showings and often against a guy they supposed to demolish.

Boxing is a strange game at times the guys you mentioned might have gone to sleep with the first big uppercut landed, I prefer to wait and see what Davis does in the big fights.

He reminds of Broner in persona ring walk etc which is not a good role model and I dont think he is disciplined but time will tell.
        I’m addressing all of this premature hype surrounding Tank, which you just reaffirmed. I’ve watched a lot of fighters come and go, I don’t see longevity in the cards for Tank. He is undisciplined, limited, and surrounds himself with the wrong people. Many of us have anointed him Broner 2.0 and he may not even achieve that. At least Broner has been in with legit opponents who posed a real threat. Tank tried falling back on his “I’m only 25” excuse last night, not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by I Never Lied View Post
          Everyone in this thread is crazy. The only thing that lack in yesterdays fight for Davis was his conditioning. Conditioning is EASILY fixed.

I find it funny people are questioning his power...as if he didn't score a knockdown in the 2nd round that broke Gamboa foot. You guys have incredibly selective memory/hatred.
          And then it took him 10 more rounds to actually stop that injured Gamboa... kind of contradicts your argument.

Constructive criticism always gets labelled as “hatred” by you fanboys. You’re all so sensitive.😂

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            He did what any fighter with heart does. Listens to his corner. And would have quit if he were allowed to do so. He respects and listens to his corner as any discipline fighter should. He gets credit for sure. And despite if the corner took punches or not has nothing to do with shlt. had it not been for his corner he would have quit and maybe got knocked out sooner.
            The corner played their part for sure but the guy in the ring taking the punishment always deserves more credit than the corner.

Comment

I agree tbf mate, I think they are just gonna milk that WBA strap.

I like the idea of a fight with Fortuna if he gets past Campbell. That’s surely a natural fight to make with both being PBC affiliated.
              Yup
              I’ve kinda of admired Fortuna
              And his last fights have been great
              He shouldn’t be terrified of him or at least I hope not

Comment

I’m a huge Tank fan but I’ll say I was disappointed last night for several reasons.
                For one, I felt like he was loading up and looking for a big shot instead of boxing intelligently and setting up his offense.
                Secondly, he was unable to stop Gamboa earlier when it was clear he was injured and couldn’t muster up the power from his base of support.

Thirdly, I’m not sure he’s as mentally strong as I expected in the ring. He seemed to succumb to the pressure of the moment, the crowd, the craftiness of a one legged Gamboa

On the flip side, we have to give Gamboa credit. This was probably his last hoorah and with one leg he showed heart and determination to not just lay down. He’s a sneaky and slick dude for sure and would be even more difficult if he wasn’t limping around the ring all right.

Perhaps Tank had a rough night stylistically against Boa and psychologically against himself. Missing weight initially and the pressures of trying to shine as bright as everyone so desperately wants him to. All we can do is wait and see. I’m afraid his handlers are going to use this performance as a way to decrease the quality of his next opponent. A ”tune up”of sorts before any big name.

Comment

Originally posted by I Never Lied View Post
                  Everyone in this thread is crazy. The only thing that lack in yesterdays fight for Davis was his conditioning. Conditioning is EASILY fixed.

I find it funny people are questioning his power...as if he didn't score a knockdown in the 2nd round that broke Gamboa foot. You guys have incredibly selective memory/hatred.
                  Gamboa has gone down many times in his career. Knocking him down means nothing. On the flip side, Tank hit Yuri with many flush shots that didn’t phase Gamboa. That one would take note of. And it’s not like Davis punched Gamboa in the Achilles. Yuri hurt it on the way down. You make it sound like it’s proof of Davis’s power. But I will agree that conditioning is a relatively easy fix. Let’s see if his discipline allows him to correct it. Disciple is not as easily acquired.

Comment

The corner played their part for sure but the guy in the ring taking the punishment always deserves more credit than the corner.
                    yeah. I agree...But it was like this in the corner....and why i think had it not been for his corner and the discipline of Gamboa and his heart. A little motivation and the right motivation goes a long way

Gamboa: I cant continue. I cant go back out. its broken. I cannot continue. I dont wanna continue.

Corner: No Gamboa. You keep fighting. You can do it, Fight through this you are a champion. Get out there Gamboa. Do not quit.

If it were like this....Id say so

Gamboa: My foot is broken. Something is wrong. I cannot walk.

Corner: DO you want us to stop the fight Gamboa?

Gamboa NO do not stop it. Dont stop the fight .

Corner: Are you sure Gamboa? Lets stop the fight! Im gonna stop it you cannot continue like this. You will get hurt,

Gamboa NO. I want to fight. Do not stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamonkey View Post
                      I’m a huge Tank fan but I’ll say I was disappointed last night for several reasons.
                      For one, I felt like he was loading up and looking for a big shot instead of boxing intelligently and setting up his offense.
                      Secondly, he was unable to stop Gamboa earlier when it was clear he was injured and couldn’t muster up the power from his base of support.

Thirdly, I’m not sure he’s as mentally strong as I expected in the ring. He seemed to succumb to the pressure of the moment, the crowd, the craftiness of a one legged Gamboa

On the flip side, we have to give Gamboa credit. This was probably his last hoorah and with one leg he showed heart and determination to not just lay down. He’s a sneaky and slick dude for sure and would be even more difficult if he wasn’t limping around the ring all right.

Perhaps Tank had a rough night stylistically against Boa and psychologically against himself. Missing weight initially and the pressures of trying to shine as bright as everyone so desperately wants him to. All we can do is wait and see. I’m afraid his handlers are going to use this performance as a way to decrease the quality of his next opponent. A ”tune up”of sorts before any big name.
                      Good post.

Pretty much agree with all of it.

I’d like to see someone like Fortuna, Barthelemy, Commey next.

The WBA have guys like Tennyson and McCreary ranked at 135, so there are plenty of “tune up” options.

Comment

Working...
                      X