Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade: Sulecki Fight Will Show That I'm The Man at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The3 View Post
    What about Canelo wins over GGG and Jacobs?
    Canelo's win over Jacobs and GGG were very close with the later being debatable. In the bigger picture you have to consider that both GGG and Canelo stayed away from Sulecki and Sergei Derevyanchenko for a reason.

Frankly Charlo totally skipped over Sulecki and Danny only fought both because they were his mandatory.

Yes, Canelo deserves credit but that doesn't make Sulecki an easy outing for anyone.
    Last edited by factsarenice; 05-24-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoonOfHorror View Post
      LOL. I'm not sure even that would do it
      Hard to say, styles make fights but if Andrade beats him convincingly (not a given) it would put the entire division on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Also, for me, the mantra 'you don't get better by not fighting' comes into play. 3 fights in 8 months, Andrade will be getting better, and Sulecki, while not Canelo/GGG level, is a decent opposition level. Hats off to Andrade for staying active vs waiting around.
        Agreed, Sulecki is a skilled difficult outing for anyone, he's not on anyone's short list for a reason. This fight will supply the information necessary to know where Andrade fits in the bigger 160lb picture.

Comment

I think people are missing the fact that Andrade is willing to fight tough, ugly, nasty, styles that make everyone look bad.

Comment

decent enough opponent but silly comment all the same.

Comment

What on Earth has Sulecki done at 160 or in any division, that would make beating him a major accomplishment???

Comment

Sulecki was in a fantastic scrap with DJacobs a couple years ago. I favor him over anyone outside of the top 3. He isn't the biggest puncher, but he is deadly accurate and sharp. Obv a solid amatuer pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
                  Sulecki was in a fantastic scrap with DJacobs a couple years ago. I favor him over anyone outside of the top 3. He isn't the biggest puncher, but he is deadly accurate and sharp. Obv a solid amatuer pedigree.
                  Obviously you know your fighters.

Comment

Sulecki has just one loss to arguably the 2nd best MW and gave Jacobs hell. The judges gave Danny the majority but everyone at ringside had it even until Danny knocked Sulecki down in the 12th. Sulecki also koed Centeno Jr , one of Charlo's claims to fame and beat Culcay convincingly when all Andrade or Derevyanchenko could do was squeak out a narrow split.

Because you asked.

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    What on Earth has Sulecki done at 160 or in any division, that would make beating him a major accomplishment???

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      I think people are missing the fact that Andrade is willing to fight tough, ugly, nasty, styles that make everyone look bad.

Very true!!! Still worried about his inactivity. Garry Russell Jr. is perfect example of what happens when you don't face real competition more than once a year.

I really hope GGG steps up, since Oscar won't risk putting Canelo in the ring with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X