No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa named tied to PED drug bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    The names associated with PED use, how many of them are cubans or of cuban descent?
    Whoah! What's that supposed to mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      So, because a fighter hasn't tested positive for a banned substance means they've never used any? That's what they want you to believe.

Lance Armstrong had millions upon millions of people fooled for years. He managed to elude detection despite the most comprehensive doping tests in history. The only thing that brought Lance down was the testimony of several former teammates. Armstrong would never have been caught if he hadn't been snitched-out.

There are many more boxers out there whose reputation will take a hit in the years to come. Some will be people you least expect. One might be your most admired fighter.
      true true.....

Comment

• Summary of that mess.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/2...-Rios%E2%80%9D

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Let me guess, Wikipedia?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Whoah! What's that supposed to mean?
          Nothing. I'm not familiar with them except for yuriorkis. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            True I forgot about that, but again diuretics is not a PED, it's a weight loss drug that makes you piss more often.

I'd still link steroid/EPO use as a major red flag.
            It's banned for a reason. It's a substance that helps you lose fluid to make weight, to me it's even worse than the other PEDs because you can use it to fight guys much smaller than you. Muscles and low bodyfat don't mean **** in boxing but being 20lbs bigger than the competition? It's disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              It's banned for a reason. It's a substance that helps you lose fluid to make weight, to me it's even worse than the other PEDs because you can use it to fight guys much smaller than you. Muscles and low bodyfat don't mean **** in boxing but being 20lbs bigger than the competition? It's disgusting.
              Yeah that's what they say. The truth is, most diuretics are used to help you hide other PED usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                Nothing. I'm not familiar with them except for yuriorkis. That's all.
                Very well. Carry on.

Comment

• Bust out the doctor's note Peterson style if it gets real bad.

Comment

Very well. Carry on.
                    Seriously, man. I don't know them. I associate Miami with Cubans and I read spanish sounding names in the article.

Comment

• This is getting bad. I'm sure all of the top guys are juicing now. I always naively hoped they weren't but it seems pretty clear now that anyone at the top of the sport is using steroids.

Comment

Working...
                      X