Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Brits hold their fighters in such his praise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    i'm not a hater, i am just being reasonable unlike you. McGuigan took down an ATG. Joes best is beating just one elite SMW. It has nothing to do iwth steve cruz or malignaggi, they are irrelevant to who reached the highest achievement.

one ATG win> one elite win.

Mcguigan had the higher level achievement, its a fact.

Its highly significant that you only picked up on the calzaghe element in my post that covered 4 brit boxers - its very clear it is you that is targeting calzaghe, not me - I simply replied to the other guy on all the boxers he mentioned. But I forgive you for it, as you are obviously a big fan.

The irish may not forgive you for your casual racism towards them, trying to place an elite win over an ATG one, just cos Barry is irish is doesnt mean you can automatically class his ATG win as invalid.
    Hopkins is not only superior to Pedroza, but was a whole lot more in his prime as well. Barry was in his absolute prime, whereas Calzaghe was years past his best. That win alone is better than anything McGuigan achieved. We don't even need to add anyone else Joe beat. But you think McGuigan was the more proven fighter? Crazy and deranged. But that's all I see when you post about Joe. What did he do, steal your girl from you or something?

Hopkins would go on and get a handful of quality wins after his defeat against Joe. Pedroza would go on and lose to two low level fighters before retiring.

As for the racism. Yeah, you're not right in the head alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Hopkins , but was a whole lot more in his prime as well.
      sid, dont ruin your own argument with such a fail, I prefer to argue with you on equal footing. trying to claim a 43 year old was more prime than a 30 year old only gets you ridicule.
      I want to argue with you, not laugh at you!

Barry was in his absolute prime, whereas Calzaghe was years past his best.
      barry was prime because he has just had his best win. joe had his best 2 years earlier. he was only just post prime, dont add yet more ridicule to the failure of your opening line.

That win alone is better than anything McGuigan achieved.
      and so this remains wrong, you tired to reverse the truth.
      Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-09-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        sid, dont ruin your own argument with such a fail, I prefer to argue with you on equal footing. trying to claim a 43 year old was more prime than a 30 year old only gets you ridicule.
        I want to argue with you, not laugh at you!

barry was prime because he has just had his best win. joe had his best 2 years earlier. he was only just post prime, dont add yet more ridicule to the failure of your opening line.

and so this remains wrong, you tired to reverse the truth.
        Age doesn't come into it when it comes to prime. You can be in your 40's and still be on top. Then you can have fighters in their 20's who are shot due to losing or what not. Just look at Fernando Vargas and the likes.

The fact remains, Hopkins was in better condition than Pedroza was. Hopkins had some quality wins after the Calzaghe defeat. Pedroza was at the end of his career who beat a few bums then lost, then retired. That's to go with the fact that Hopkins was the much better fighter all time.

McGuigan was prime while Calzaghe was past is by more than a few years and having the second to last fight of his career. If you can't see the huge difference here, then you're too far gone in being unbiased when it comes to Calzaghe. But it's clear you hate him with a passion for what ever reason and look to dog him with the most mundane bullshlt I think I've ever seen. So save yourself from writing garbage because I just laugh at the shlt you have to say.

Prime isn't based off of your best win, but where you are in your career. Barry was prime full stop. I however would love for you to tell me when Barry was prime otherwise?

Comment

Age doesn't come into it when it comes to prime. You can be in your 40's and still be on top. Then you can have fighters in their 20's who are shot due to losing or what not. Just look at Fernando Vargas and the likes.

The fact remains, Hopkins was in better condition than Pedroza was. Hopkins had some quality wins after the Calzaghe defeat. Pedroza was at the end of his career who beat a few bums then lost, then retired. That's to go with the fact that Hopkins was the much better fighter all time.

McGuigan was prime while Calzaghe was past is by more than a few years and having the second to last fight of his career. If you can't see the huge difference here, then you're too far gone in being unbiased when it comes to Calzaghe. But it's clear you hate him with a passion for what ever reason and look to dog him with the most mundane bullshlt I think I've ever seen. So save yourself from writing garbage because I just laugh at the shlt you have to say.

Prime isn't based off of your best win, but where you are in your career. Barry was prime full stop. I however would love for you to tell me when Barry was prime otherwise?
          shut up kid 👍😃

Comment

The term “Prime” is the lamest thing in boxing. It’s a joke. It’s like saying “what if so and so had his best day ever vs so and so?” Its just fantasy, no one will ever know, that’s why there’s real fights. U can only be ur best once. Tyson looked good against tomato cans but if anyone thinks an inexperienced 20yr Old Tyson was the best version of himself that’s ridiculous. Was his lack of experience what made him “prime”? His lack of adversity? It sure didn’t translate to helping him later in his career when he was in tough or even against buster.

Comment

Well all i know is American Pro Boxers say they wish American fight fans were like British fight fans. So we doing something right. Maybe American fight fans are so wrapped up in todays throw away culture they even take that to sports support. A fighter loses and he is tossed away like a piece of garbage. Americans only support winners. Brits support through good times and bad. That will also explain why American fighters are so nervous about risking their big 0 in risky fights when they can just take on mismatches and keep it, thus keeping the fans and fans mean money.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
                They parade around Calzaghe like he is an ATG lmao. Andre Ward would've beat him easy.

They thought Hatton would beat Mayweather.

They thought Kell Brook would beat Spence.

Lennox Lewis was slept by Rahman first and he beat a shell of Mike Tyson.

They think Joshua will do Wilder in, lmao.
                I can feel where you going where they are overhyped, but Lewis is the real deal and IMHO a top 3 heavyweight of all time. Absolutely love Lewis...he's not really a Brit he was mainly an American in his later stages of his career. He wasn't viewed like those other guys were.

Comment

Our sportsmen and women get first support. When have you seen this not be the case?

Those foreign players play for their cities club. They support the club like they have their whole lives. It's the same with other leagues in other countries.

You also didn't say where you came from. What's wrong, you're not embarrassed are you?
                  He's a True Blue fuken okka Aussie.
                  You got a problem with the best nation on earth?

Comment

Because they support their own?

USA fans constantly trash their own fighters and supports them based on skin color.

It’s comical to point fingers at Brits for cheering their own. Lol like do you want them to be like you and just like/hate fighters based on looks?

Brit boxing is doing very well because their fans support them.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                      I can feel where you going where they are overhyped, but Lewis is the real deal and IMHO a top 3 heavyweight of all time. Absolutely love Lewis...he's not really a Brit he was mainly an American in his later stages of his career. He wasn't viewed like those other guys were.
                      Lewis is mainly American? Hahahahahaha

Not an inch of him is American. He's a Brit born and raised.

I suppose Ozzy Osbourne is American too and not British because he lives over there? No, he's British. Always has been, always will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X