No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Much Lighter, Ruiz Much Heavier For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    Have you seen him on the pads on Wednesday? His hands were still lightening, he'll be too fast for Joshua.
    Pads don't hit back.

Comment

• Anthony Joshua has overcooked it in training, but I also think Ruiz Junior 'Has been complacent in training slightly' The fight will be nothing like the first fight at all. I predicted many months ago, one of the camps was going to be duped by the media and take things to heart. Anthony Joshua during the first fight was not out of condition, he has never been out of condition. Thus-far in the build up, I have been more impressed with Ruiz Junior 'His demeanor and his media workout was impressive'.

I am still picking Anthony Joshua to win, but to be 100% honest? I am not as convinced. I think both guys have been complacent in training, but Ruiz Junior seems to have stuck to his methods more so than Joshua. Joshua seems to have questioned/doubted himself and his methods since he was beaten by Ruiz Junior 'There is nothing wrong with making changes, or reevaluating your methods' but when you are deep into your career, and seemingly make a 180 degree change 'From my observation these type of behaviorally changes, have never been 100% good'.

Tyson Fury for example since he came back to boxing, made a 180 degree change in his attitude and work ethic. But even though he has made these changes, he has never recaptured his form that he showed up against Wladimir Kiltschko, and has been struggling to hurt heavyweights who are not even ranked in the top 50. Ricky Hatton also dramatically deep into his career changed his training methods, and this resulted in his being blasted out by Manny Pacquiao 'There is something about these changes that Joshua has made, which I think won't produce the right kind of results on fight night'.

Joshua seems to over complicate things, all this talk of sports science and making comparisons to football team analysis. 'A + for effort but, I just don't like the way he has gone about this training camp at all'.
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-06-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        Anthony Joshua has overcooked it in training, but I also think Ruiz Junior 'Has been complacent in training slightly' The fight will be nothing like the first fight at all. I predicted many months ago, one of the camps was going to be duped by the media and take things to heart. Anthony Joshua during the first fight was not out of condition, he has never been out of condition. Thus-far in the build up, I have been more impressed with Ruiz Junior 'His demeanor and his media workout was impressive'.

I am still picking Anthony Joshua to win, but to be 100% honest? I am not as convinced. I think both guys have been complacent in training, but Ruiz Junior seems to have stuck to his methods more so than Joshua. Joshua seems to have questioned/doubted himself and his methods since he was beaten by Ruiz Junior 'There is nothing wrong with making changes, or reevaluating your methods' but when you are deep into your career, and seemingly make a 180 degree change 'From my observation these type of behaviorally changes, have never been 100% good'.

Tyson Fury for example since he came back to boxing, made a 180 degree change in his attitude and work ethic. But even though he has made these changes, he has never recaptured his form that he showed up against Wladimir Kiltschko, and has been struggling to hurt heavyweights who are not even ranked in the top 50. Ricky Hatton also dramatically deep into his career changed his training methods, and this resulted in his being blasted out by Manny Pacquiao 'There is something about these changes that Joshua has made, which I think won't produce the right kind of results on fight night'.

We don't know if Joshua has overtrained because none of us are in his camp but what we do know is one guy lost 10 lbs since the last fight and the other gained 15.

Joshua is going to beat Ruiz because of human physiology, which Ruiz is NOT immune to unless he stopped being a human being.

What I mean by human physiology is that Ruiz will tire just like any 283 lb man who trying to throw combination with great speed while stalking his opponent would.

Joshua will HIT and RUN and with less muscle taking up oxygen, his stamina will be in a much better place going into the late rounds against Ruiz.

Once Ruiz tires, Joshua will off load his arsenal on him. Everyone including Ruiz knew this...why didn't he maintain his weight to give himself the best possible chance of winning?

Comment

• I don't care what anyone says, coming in at 283 is NOT a benefit to Ruiz, not at 6'2. He can fight heavy and all, but there is a breaking point. In his last fight he looked too heavy, and that was 15 pounds ago. I'm not sure what his strategy is here.

Comment

• If Joshie loses this one then he needs to stop boxing, if this short fat dude beats him then he should never mention wilder's and fury's name ever again, I never understood why Wilder has so much fear when Joshua's name is mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by redmish View Post
              Has Ruiz been partying too hard or is this weight gain on purpose? AJ needed to lose a bit of muscle and is probably the right weight for this one.
              Yes, reports and also Hearn saying he enjoyed three months off.... perhaps too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                We don't know if Joshua has overtrained because none of us are in his camp but what we do know is one guy lost 10 lbs since the last fight and the other gained 15.

Joshua is going to beat Ruiz because of human physiology, which Ruiz is NOT immune to unless he stopped being a human being.

What I mean by human physiology is that Ruiz will tire just like any 283 lb man who trying to throw combination with great speed while stalking his opponent would.

Joshua will HIT and RUN and with less muscle taking up oxygen, his stamina will be in a much better place going into the late rounds against Ruiz.

Once Ruiz tires, Joshua will off load his arsenal on him. Everyone including Ruiz knew this...why didn't he maintain his weight to give himself the best possible chance of winning?
                Money.... from having a net worth of $0.5m to $10m he really enjoyed himself and is about to net another $10m.

This fight in Saudi is a pure, utter, unapologetic money grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  I was just thinking he put something in that big ass sombrero! lol
                  He just ate a lot before weigh in. It easy for him to pack on a bunch of water eight along with a big meal. He’s trying to psych out joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    He just ate a lot before weigh in. It easy for him to pack on a bunch of water eight along with a big meal. He’s trying to psych out joshua.
                    You may be right. For some reason I always got the feeling that he's been playing little mind games with Joshua. Like when he told him to his face that he thought he quit...with that little smirk he always gets on his face. lol

Comment

• I remember the first video of Ruiz on the pads after the first fight. Everyone commented on how fast he looked. But they somehow overlooked the next video which was a video of Ruiz jogging and he was jogging so slow that his trainers were WALKING and keeping up with him hahahaha. Boxing is one of the hardest workouts you can do so for a guy to be training for 3 months and actually PUT ON weight, he's not going his hardest and/or he's eating everything he sees. The scales don't lie, ever. And if you idiots want to spin this like it's a good thing that Ruiz got fatter, good luck with that. This is a professional sport. Why do you think Arreola never won his big fights? Also, AJ has been talking to wladimir Klitschko about some of his training and klitschko told him to stop lifting and running on the treadmill. He said for AJ to concentrate on sparring more which is what he did and also why he lost 10 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X