Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that b.s? or what?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I always thought StubHub was pretty high for in demand events.

Seems like I always had better luck with scalpers at the venue.

But it has it's purpose sure.
      Yeah, if there is high demand for an event the prices are higher. An example of when I got a good deal there: A couple years ago I didn't have work and it was an April Tigers weekday game in Detroit. It was cold, and a day game during the week. Extremely low demand for tickets. Bought 3rd row tickets above the dugout for $20/each. Face those are $65/each.

It's definitely my go to place if I'm going to a game that I know isn't going to be sold out, or have much interest. I hate bothering with scalpers so I never go to games if I don't have tickets ahead of time or are sure that the game won't be sold out.

Comment

Stubhub is good but I don't know about that Dude

Comment

id go crazy if i won that. id keep it for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            Stubhub is just a ticket re-sale site, where Ticketmaster is a ticket originator site.

The prices of tickets on Stubhub are generally based on supply and demand for an individual event, where the prices on Ticketmaster are set by the teams or event. I've bought tickets on StubHub quite a few times, sometimes below face value (an event without much demand, and a season ticketholder looking to dump his tickets instead of throwing them away) and I've bought tickets at above face value (Couldn't get tickets from a site like Ticketmaster because the event was sold out, so paid what I thought was fair through StubHub).

I've never had an issue with them.
            heres my question: lets say i bought a ringside ticket for like $2,000. but when my tickets finally came to me it was not even a ringside ticket but just the lower level section. yet they still took my payment of $2,000. would that happen? or would they actually get me a ringside ticket?

does my question make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
              heres my question: lets say i bought a ringside ticket for like $2,000. but when my tickets finally came to me it was not even a ringside ticket but just the lower level section. yet they still took my payment of $2,000. would that happen? or would they actually get me a ringside ticket?

does my question make sense?
              Usually any tickets I've bought on the site will tell you the section, row, and seat number, so you will get those exact seats . If you don't get those seats than a mistake has been made, and I assume they are pretty good at correcting that.

Comment

Usually any tickets I've bought on the site will tell you the section, row, and seat number, so you will get those exact seats . If you don't get those seats than a mistake has been made, and I assume they are pretty good at correcting that.
                thanks for responding bro. yeah basically i dont mind spending over face value for a ringside seat cuz i know they run way higher than face value of course.

but i remember there was some stubhub disclaimer that said if for some reason we can not get you the ticket you purchased then we will get you one in the same general section. but my biggest fear is if i did throw down like $2,000 for a ringside seat that only cost like $1,000 face value then they say there was a problem with your ticket so we got you this ticket instead and its like the next level up from ringside instead.

you get what my point is brotha? would that happen? cuz if so id get majorly f'd over in that case. ya feel me?

Comment

thanks for responding bro. yeah basically i dont mind spending over face value for a ringside seat cuz i know they run way higher than face value of course.

but i remember there was some stubhub disclaimer that said if for some reason we can not get you the ticket you purchased then we will get you one in the same general section. but my biggest fear is if i did throw down like $2,000 for a ringside seat that only cost like $1,000 face value then they say there was a problem with your ticket so we got you this ticket instead and its like the next level up from ringside instead.

you get what my point is brotha? would that happen? cuz if so id get majorly f'd over in that case. ya feel me?
                  BUMP. please if any one knows the answer to my question?

Comment

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because it could, but I don't think it's likely. If it did happen I'd contact StubHub immediately and work with them to correct it. If you are sold a ringside seat you should get a ringside seat.

Comment

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because it could, but I don't think it's likely. If it did happen I'd contact StubHub immediately and work with them to correct it. If you are sold a ringside seat you should get a ringside seat.
                      Every ticket you buy on Stubhub physically exists as far as I know. Meaning that you'll be getting the exact same seat that you're told you're buying because you're the only one who has that ticket if you understand me. Most sellers on Stubhub are resellers, so they bought the ticket already and are now selling their seat, usually for a profit. Hence that seat is reserved for whoever holds that physical ticket.

So yes, you get what you pay for, just make sure you're buying from a trusted seller. And if something does go wrong, Stubhub will refund.

Comment

Working...
                      X