Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peanutt butter and Jelly sandwiches good for you or bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanutt butter and Jelly sandwiches good for you or bad?

I eat them because I'm lead to believe their pretty good for you and that the fat in peanut butter is considered good fat. Is that true or a myth? I know the Jelly is probably the worst part of the sandwich that or the bread since the jelly probably has bad sugars in it.

Not horrible but then again not great either.

It's one of the best Post-Weigh in snacks, IMO.

Comment

It can be a great food to eat, it depends on what kind of peanut butter, jelly and bread you use. The peanut butter has to be natural, the natural kind which is usually requires some stirring. Just get fruit jelly, with no added sugar. Whole wheat bread too, with no corn syrup added (or whatever they call it these days). Check your ingredients. I love BP&J.

Comment

i eat them daily,very tasty

Comment

Not bad for you like junk food, but not something to eat if you're looking to lose weight IMO, unless the rest of your diet is real good.

Starchy carbs from bread, sugar from jelly, and a lot of peanut butter has sugar as well.

Comment

Peanut butter will make it very difficult for you to move around in weight. It seems to stick in your system for a long time and it will probably gum up in your colon. Best stick to actual peanuts.

Comment

^How different do you think peanut butter and actual peanuts look after you've chewed and swallowed? Why would it gum up your colon? The mind boggles.

Comment

good for your health definitely. but there better options.

pb and jelly sandwiches are probably the healthiest thing i eat. the only vegetables i eat on are in my cheeseburger.

Comment

its the combinaiton of peanut butter, jelly and bread. and yeah its pretty bad especially if you eat it all the time. its still sugar, fat and lots of carbs. go ahead and tell yourself its good fat and good sugar and good carbs all you want
                  its like smoking pot instead of cigarettes and then arguing that its healthier than smoking cigarettes
                  Last edited by Bullrush; 10-06-2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    its the combinaiton of peanut butter, jelly and bread. and yeah its pretty bad especially if you eat it all the time. its still sugar, fat and lots of carbs. go ahead and tell yourself its good fat and good sugar and good carbs all you want
                    its like smoking pot instead of cigarettes and then arguing that its healthier than smoking cigarettes
                    I don't think your analogy was quite correct. I don't think its as bad as you made it out to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X