No announcement yet.

Toughening knuckles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughening knuckles

Do any of you know, or have heard of any good solutions that would toughen knuckles?

I've heard the ones about sheep piss, various alcohols, etc.

Thanks

Originally posted by 666boy666
    Do any of you know, or have heard of any good solutions that would toughen knuckles?

I've heard the ones about sheep piss, various alcohols, etc.

Thanks
    Sheep piss! where the you hear that? and anyway even if that did work then ... WHERE THE HELL YOU GET SHEEP PISS, you know any sheep?

person i know tryed to toughen their knuckles by punching the desk when they were at work, but then he relised that it was a silly idea and stopped, dont know if it works, does any1 else?

oh and what you suposed to do woth the sheep piss? or dont you know/ too painfull to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Inf3rn0
      Sheep piss! where the you hear that? and anyway even if that did work then ... WHERE THE HELL YOU GET SHEEP PISS, you know any sheep?

person i know tryed to toughen their knuckles by punching the desk when they were at work, but then he relised that it was a silly idea and stopped, dont know if it works, does any1 else?

oh and what you suposed to do woth the sheep piss? or dont you know/ too painfull to say.
      I say do bare knuckle press ups with a clap. Now that would build up the strong skin.

Comment

yea not my mates idea of breakin his knuckles on the desk...
        cheers c0pe..
        btw you'd have to beable to do a clap press, what if the person doing it cant do clap presses..? would just the press ups on your knuckles to the same?

oh exige, add me to ur sig man.
        Last edited by Inf3rn0; 08-25-2005, 07:45 PM.

Comment

yea not my mates idea of breakin his knuckles on the desk...
          cheers c0pe..
          btw you'd have to beable to do a clap press, what if the person doing it cant do clap presses..? would just the press ups on your knuckles to the same?

oh exige, add me to ur sig man.
          Yeah just do them without the clap.

Comment

kk cheers c0pe....i saw you first at beggining of month and u almost have same mount of posts as me

y d'ya want tough nuckles anyways, i always though of that as a street fighting thing?
            but then agen y do i want to but on weight when it'll only be fat anyway

Comment

kk cheers c0pe....i saw you first at beggining of month and u almost have same mount of posts as me

y d'ya want tough nuckles anyways, i always though of that as a street fighting thing?
              but then agen y do i want to but on weight when it'll only be fat anyway
              Tough knuckles = less brittle hands.

Comment

Originally posted by c0pe
                Tough knuckles = less brittle hands.
                yea but u have enough protection via handwraps and gloves dont you? and part of my arm and hand i would have though that strong wrist would have been more important than knuckles.... obviously if you were a streetfighter then tough knuckles is a good thing to have but i wouldnt have thought it a too major thing in boxing.
                k checking thread in morning...

Comment

punch bricks
                  its called conditioning

Comment

YOU DON'T JUST "PUNCH BRICKS", YOU START WITH SOMETHING LESS SOLID THEN WORK UP.

I box, but I've broken my hands in street fights before, and unless you've done alot of punching with your bare fists, you won't understand the idea of tough knuckles. It's more than just the skin you have to toughen.

Karate fighters use the makiwara to condition, I use it as well, little bastard hurts like hell after a while.

Yeah, alot of old bare knuckle fighters would soak their knuckles in various solutions that usually had some form of urine in them. Alot used brine (salt water), but I was wondering if anyone here did it as well.

I box primarily, but gloves are to protect your hands, and if you swing without them you'll pay (case in point, every time mike tyson swung out on the street, he got a broken hand) so I try to condition them for every situation.

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                    X