No announcement yet.

The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Rugby is probably more demanding physically, but I'd imagine that it would easier to become a professional rugby player than it would be getting into the NFL.
    this sums it all up.. "tougher" is the key word..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      6ft5'
      280lbs
      33'' quads - The size of an average mans waist.
      100m sprint = 10.8 seconds (Near olympic time)

That's 1 guy, how many more can you find? I can literally list hundreds, he'd honestly be average in the NFL. And idk about his 100m time, all NFL players get their 40 yard times electronically timed, I doubt he did as well. A lot of nfl rookies have been hand timed to run a 4.10 40 yard dash only to find out their real 40 is actually 4.3 when electronically timed, the most accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        One of these threads again.

The yanks can chuck out there all the stats they want it doesn't mean anything because those big guys are trained to play 20 seconds at a time and wouldn't last in a rugby match. All that muscle and size takes a lot to move and they'd be having an heart attack after 5 mins playing Rugby.
        When will you realize they're not tired from running? It's the pushing and blocking that's tiring, you use almost every single muscle in your body when blocking, every single play is like maxing out on your bench, squat etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          When will you realize they're not tired from running? It's the pushing and blocking that's tiring, you use almost every single muscle in your body when blocking, every single play is like maxing out on your bench, squat etc.

Comment

Have you ever even seen a rugby match?

Comment

Rugby players block/tackle/run constantly for 40 mins a half. The NFL players do it for 20 secs and have a rest. Stamina wise the NFL players wouldn't come close to rugby players. When Rugby players get tackled the play continues, they lay it off to a team mate get up and carry on. When they get tackled players just pile on elbowing and standing on others.
              Last edited by Jam Jars; 11-26-2012, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Rugby players block/tackle/run constantly for 40 mins a half. The NFL players do it for 20 secs and have a rest. Stamina wise the NFL players wouldn't come close to rugby players. When Rugby players get tackled the play continues, they lay it off to a team mate get up and carry on. When they get tackled players just pile on elbowing and standing on others.
                He'll bust out the "its harder in nfl because all nfl players are 7'2" 500lbs of pure muscle" in a minute

you watch

Comment

Golf.

Now these guys will take your head off.

Comment

Those helmets become battering rams

Players get concussions in every game and theres always injury timeouts

The NFL is trying to make the game safer because ex-players are suing them for brain damage

I've seen very little rugby but to me playing a WR going across the middle in coverage with a LB or S running at you full speed and launching his helmet at your head is way tougher than rugby

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      Those helmets become battering rams

Players get concussions in every game and theres always injury timeouts

The NFL is trying to make the game safer because ex-players are suing them for brain damage

I've seen very little rugby but to me playing a WR going across the middle in coverage with a LB or S running at you full speed and launching his helmet at your HELMET is way tougher than rugby
                      Fixed it, there is no head involved..

Comment

Working...
                      X