Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Guerrero? Did you think Aydin won the fight or what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guerrero didn't look as sharp but that was to be expected and in my opinion has nothing to do with the weight. Personally he filled in pretty well at '47, what he has to do is stay busier, I expect him to look like the old Ghost in his next fight. The rust was clearly there, rarely does Guerrero ever tire or paw with his jab, he's known to throw hard crisp shots going into the late rounds. People should definitely cut him some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      What...You had Aydin winning?
      Whilst I will be the first to say it wasn't a punch perfect performance from The Ghost which was to be considered considering the circumstances & such there is noway in hell Aydin won that fight, hell even giving Aydin the close rounds I'd seriously struggle to give the guy a draw.
      Aydin even thought he lost.

Comment

The "Ghost" is a bum.

He won the fight, but I wasn't impressed with what he did. Should go to 140 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
          Wow. Just got done reading some of the comments. People are really bad judges of talents on here. Everyone thinks Guerrero sucks? LOL. I wish this place didnt allow just anyone in.

I guess everyone has forgot about his past accomplishments also.
          He has no past accomplishments. He skipped two weight classes, emptied NONE of the divisions, and was actually calling out Floyd before he was even a ww. I HATE fighters who think they should be gifted a Mayweather or Pacman fight. He needs to CLEAR OUT WW to make up for all the ducking and dodging he did.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            He has no past accomplishments. He skipped two weight classes, emptied NONE of the divisions, and was actually calling out Floyd before he was even a ww. I HATE fighters who think they should be gifted a Mayweather or Pacman fight. He needs to CLEAR OUT WW to make up for all the ducking and dodging he did.

No accomplishments? You've got to be kidding me? What is it with people acting like he is some bum who hasn't achieved anything in boxing?

Who has he ducked or dodged?
            He give up his IBF title & semi-retired due to his wife battling cancer.
            He pulled out of the Maidana fight through injury and went on to fight a bigger, better undefeated version coming straight off a 15 month lay off.

He hasn't ducked anybody or dodged anybody.

Comment

No accomplishments? You've got to be kidding me? What is it with people acting like he is some bum who hasn't achieved anything in boxing?

Who has he ducked or dodged?
              He give up his IBF title & semi-retired due to his wife battling cancer.
              He pulled out of the Maidana fight through injury and went on to fight a bigger, better undefeated version coming straight off a 15 month lay off.

He hasn't ducked anybody or dodged anybody.
              He skipped two entire divisions and fights ONE guy at ww, now that means he earned a Mayweather fight? Read my comment I just posted about it over here. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560500

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                He skipped two entire divisions and fights ONE guy at ww, now that means he earned a Mayweather fight? Read my comment I just posted about it over here. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560500

Most of those guys aren't even in Aydins league. Nobody is saying he should go straight after Floyd but can you blame him for chasing a dream/huge payday that would likely leave him & his family financially secure for life?

I expect Floyd to have kind of a tune up so in a way I would not blame either if the fight was to happen.
                Do I think Floyd beats his ass? Absolutely.
                BUT I also believe that Guerrero could potentially give Floyd a more competitive fight than a lot of the names that get thrown around.

I don't think Guerrero really belongs at 147 though he will look better in his next outing. He is a fcukin' lot better than Khan, Ortiz x2, Lopez and the likes & unlike Khan & Ortiz he is coming off an impressive win, a very impressive win considering the circumstances. NOBODY wanted to fight Aydin at all yet Guerrero did after coming off his long lay off, injury, leaping two weight divisions & he still whipped him. Cut the guy some slack, he is a credit to the sport. A real warrior not like most these front-runners of today.

P.S that win Guerrero EARNED made him Floyds mandatory
                Last edited by dan_cov; 07-29-2012, 05:25 AM.

Comment

because this is boxing scene

and the hate is strong here.

Comment

Most of those guys aren't even in Aydins league. Nobody is saying he should go straight after Floyd but can you blame him for chasing a dream/huge payday that would likely leave him & his family financially secure for life?

I expect Floyd to have kind of a tune up so in a way I would not blame either if the fight was to happen.
                    Do I think Floyd beats his ass? Absolutely.
                    BUT I also believe that Guerrero could potentially give Floyd a more competitive fight than a lot of the names that get thrown around.

I don't think Guerrero really belongs at 147 though he will look better in his next outing. He is a fcukin' lot better than Khan, Ortiz x2, Lopez and the likes & unlike Khan & Ortiz he is coming off an impressive win, a very impressive win considering the circumstances. NOBODY wanted to fight Aydin at all yet Guerrero did after coming off his long lay off, injury, leaping two weight divisions & he still whipped him. Cut the guy some slack, he is a credit to the sport. A real warrior not like most these front-runners of today.

P.S that win Guerrero EARNED made him Floyds mandatory
                    I actually think he can be competitive with Floyd, but I dont care. I HATE guys being gifted something they dont deserve. Khan, Bradley, Lamont, Berto, Ortiz, EVERYONE wants to fight Floyd. They are all fighting eachother to one day earn it. Robert just jumps classes, clears NONE of the divisions, and just thinks he should be handed the fight without any hard work. I dont care if he is competitive or not, I just dont want Floyd to fight anyone where their will be an asterisk like with JMM Who jumped classes. Everytime Floyd announces a fight, its a GREAT opponent and we all get excited. If he fights Robert, we have to sit through this long promotion, waste of money so he can hurry up, fight him, get that fight over with, then move on to a more credible opponent that has a name that will excite the boxing fans. I wont be interested in watching 24/7 with him and Robert, I wanna see Floyd fight a big strong guy like MAYBE Canelo or Ortiz, or Berto, or Martinez, or a guy like Pac. I dont want him to fight this tall, goofy, cotton punching, slick fighter..FOR WHAT???? I rather he fight Khan who has lightning speed, or a big power puncher like Berto, where Floyd has to avoid them all, or else be in trouble. ANY other fighter with a resume like Robert's, will say, "One day I want to fight Floyd, but I have allot of work to do" KHAN has a better resume, but he wouldnt fight Floyd until he cleared his division, yet Robert just wants to get HANDED a payday. He's a goofy looking, big eared DOPE!!

Comment

Guerrero outfought him in the 2nd half of the fight, but you can give a lot of rounds to Aydin if you really wont. I didnt score the rounds, but bottom line is Aydin landed the real hard punches while almost all of guerrero's punches had nothing on them. Guerrero couldnt move Aydin with his punches, its just obvious that Welterweight isnt the right weight class for Guerrero. That being said, I was impressed with Guerrero's determination to never give up and bring the war. I can see Guerrero won the fight very closely, but I cant see Guerrero winning fights against other (real) top welterweights

Comment

Working...
                      X