Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Donaire won't fight Rigo cause Rigo isn't a draw - here are Donaire's numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Because it's the best fight that can be made and would settle who the best JR Featherweight is.

Period.
    it's not the best fight..nishioka is the man to beat , not rigo... it is ONE of the best fights tho..rigo has'nt done squat..if nonito beats him , people will only say , "oh he only got ten fights , he was'nt ready"...

Comment

Also, those are pretty good numbers for the Home Depot Center when you consider that the triple header with Antonio Tarver v Kayode, Peter Quillin v Winky Wright, and Austin Trout vs Delvin Rodriguez (absolutely loaded card with two hall of famers, a fellow cuban, a world champion, and a guy who was in the 2011 fight of the year) only sold 1,200 tickets and had a $72,805 gate.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        you're missing the point COMPLETELY
        why dontyou explain it then. what you said are baseless speculation so far tbh

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          noone is sayin nonito is a draw but to claim rigo can draw as much as him with only ten fights and all of em no namers? cmon now
          In Miami there is no doubt that he can pull in 3000 people right now. I mean we had a Steve Molitor in Toronto who is a decent fighter but no Rigo pull over 5,000 an outing with solid numbers on TV. You don't think Rigo can that in Miami right now?

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            high risk low reward
            Don't waste your time, they can't understand this basic concept.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
              why dontyou explain it then. what you said are baseless speculation so far tbh
              His third pro fight was in Miami and I am not sure how many people were there, but you go ahead and count them. That's his third fight without a title.

Now again, I am not saying that Rigo is a bigger draw yet, no - I am just saying that Donaire's drawing powers are not what many fans believe

Comment

The fact he denies him a fight because of his draw is purely pathetic and would not be surprised if this decision not to fight Rigo; is because of Bob "king" Arum.

It shows his respect for the sport when you say a 2time Olympic champ, isn't a big enough draw or big enough current wins. Used to respect donaire, now I truely dislike this guy. Rigo could move up with Donaire and wouldn't be surprised if he still turned down the fight.

The man is getting zero respect from his own promoter!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Nonito been boo'ed his last 3-4 fights in a row. I remember Rigo being boo'ed vs Cordoba but that's it? I could be wrong.
                  but nonito had already caught the eyes of th audience long before he got booed koing the best guys in darchinyan and montiel..also, it was'nt him they were booing , it was the opponnets not wiling to engage...who stunk up the fight with cordoba? rigo did, all while still making a name for himself

Comment

I think the real question is how can you properly campaign a Cuban? New York? Miami? You'd want him to lose to a Rican or Dominican most nights in those neighborhoods...

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      Because it's the best fight that can be made and would settle who the best JR Featherweight is.

Period. If Donaire beat Rigo, Nobody could hate on him, nobody could call him overrated, Nobody could say that he's NOT the best Jr featherweight in the world.

That sells tickets. Because when you hear the best Jr featherweight in the world is fighting, then you know you it's something to watch.
                      Exactly, it's TR job to sell the importance of the fight if one or both of the guys is not a draw. I understand this is a business, but not ever fight if going to be as lucrative as the next. Arce is a money fight...he needs to follow that up with something meaningful

Since Donaire is claiming Rigo isn't a draw, it should give him even more incentive to make the fight, on unfair terms, and make out with most of the money if that's the only issue. It doesn't even have to be Rigo FFS, anyone! The excuses are ridiculous, especially at these weights where there is already a bias (from US fans)... you need dance partners to make u great in the eyes of the public.

If he does move up, hopefully they will start making some fights. There's plenty of history of memorable fights at or around these weights which is how they can be sold
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X