Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Naoya Inoue(the monster) have pac man potential......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Not sure but He will not reach the ATG staus IMO..He will most likely be a good solid fighter and thats about it. I think he depends to much on power and really ignores defense so I can see him moving up like Manny did and being successful
    Hell no, not even remotely close
    yet youve been criticising me asking me what my agenda is, when im saying the same things?

Comment

Hell no, not even remotely close
      Not sure but He will not reach the ATG staus IMO..He will most likely be a good solid fighter and thats about it. I think he depends to much on power and really ignores defense so I can see him moving up like Manny did and being successful
      You still feel the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        How many weight classes he can go up is not the best measure of how good he is or can be. What is important is how good he is or will be in the weight class his body is suited for. Most men stop growing when they are about 25 years old and often younger than that. Pacquiao and Mayweather started when they were very young and grew into heavier weight classes over time. Not all boxers get heavier as they grow older. Inoue isn't a kid. He is a full grown man and he may not naturally grow any heavier than he is right now. Don't expect him to go up to 130 and then 135 and then 140 and then 147 like Pacquiao did because it's not going to happen. He looks like a great fighter to me with tremendous potential in his current weight class and possibly one or two weight classes higher.
        men like holyfield can put on 35lbs of muscle past 25 with gear

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          He's all of 24 years of age, and already has a 66" reach. He's likely done growing taller at this point, so 5'5" may end up being all of the height that he gets, but he's still looking at a good 5-6 years to fill out his frame.

Never seen him fight, so no idea what type of ability, but he's got the frame to be a solid 126/130lb fighter by the time he hits his late 20s, with a "no boil" weight for 135lbs.

How he does would be solely based on his ability; still, champion at 112, champion at 115, with potential championships at 118, 122, 126, and 130, before fighting over his head at 135 isn't a run to turn your nose up at, especially if he can do that with legit fights.

Height/reach Inoue and Lomachenko are basically the same size; how he fills in and how the power/skills carry up with him will set the ceiling.
          Loma bigger, solid 5'7

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            men like holyfield can put on 35lbs of muscle past 25 with gear
            facts..........

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Loma bigger, solid 5'7
              And Lomachenko has basically maxed out at 138lbs, so not understanding what your point is.

Comment

too early to tell but most likely not imo

but to join the 4 weight div champ club (not the robert guerrero route) is just around the corner and is yound man right now....think about it

Comment

He has the ability but doesnt have the background and charisma of pacman. Pacquaio has a story that made him more interesting.

I like Inoue’s style alot more but it’s going to be nearly impossible to fill pac’s shoes.

I cant wait for Inoue-Donaire!

Comment

I think so. He's the closest Asian fighter we have seen with Pacquiao potential

Comment

Manny is a huge outlier with being a belt holder in 8 divisions & probably the #1 guy in most of those divisions. Its a huge ask of anyone to repeat the success of a legend so there is no way I'd predict this or think its probable in any way. I do think he can have more success, but thinking he can win belts in 5 more divisions (122, 126, 130, 135 & 140) is a huge leap of faith.

Randomly I do think if he'd have won a 112lb belt & was already a 4 weight division title holder his odds would be a lot better obviously, but him skipping 112 makes this all the more improbable to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                      X