No announcement yet.

How do you guys warm up for fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys warm up for fights?

I just do some dynamic stretching, or if i have room to run around (usually don't) I do this Russian warmup. Then I shadowbox and do pads in like 45 sec to one minute bursts with rests of about the same inbetween. Then I stay loose and bouncing around a little while I'm waiting near the ring or whatever.

How about you guys?

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    I just do some dynamic stretching, or if i have room to run around (usually don't) I do this Russian warmup. Then I shadowbox and do pads in like 45 sec to one minute bursts with rests of about the same inbetween. Then I stay loose and bouncing around a little while I'm waiting near the ring or whatever.

How about you guys?
    a real fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      a real fight?
      Yes, a real boxing fight

Comment

I'm interested in this too. When I go into a fight I try and make sure I'm continuously sweating. Sometimes that can take me awhile though and I worry about wasting too much energy before the fight. For my last fight, I did some light sprints, a little pad work and shadow boxing, but I just felt tight. Could have been the nerves I guess.

Comment

i dont stretch or warm up at all before a fight, for some reason i feel better in the ring cold....

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
            i dont stretch or warm up at all before a fight, for some reason i feel better in the ring cold....
            You can't be serious... I feel terrible when cold compared to when I'm warm.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              You can't be serious... I feel terrible when cold compared to when I'm warm.
              yea i like warming up while im fighting.....thats just what i prefer.....

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
                yea i like warming up while im fighting.....thats just what i prefer.....
                But doing that, you waste time where you could be getting right into it and looking for points, and also you could get rushed by a guy who is warm and comes out hard and fast.

Comment

I smoke weed before my fights....

jk

Comment

Going into the ring cold? Yea I wouldn't recommend that at all. You are not loose nor relaxed nearly as much as you would be had you warmed up. Which means you are more tense, and those shots hurt a lot more.

Not to mention jumping right in without warming up you are just asking to pull a muscle or ligament. Fighting cold? That is one of the worst things you can do.

I start warming up 30 minutes before my fight. A very light stretch and some light shadow boxing. I like to pace around to get my legs going. After doing this off and on for about 5-10 minutes I do a good stretch, then work the pads and shadow box off and on, while walking around imbetween.
                    Last edited by Domey; 07-13-2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X