Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao shouldn't stay at Welterweight if he isn't gonna fight Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.one View Post
    I agree with this 100%, I expect Cotto to get beat down pretty bad. However if he wins the fight legitimately and can control the action and not run and retreat through the middle and late rounds, he will do alot of good for dispelling the damaged goods tag. Problem is that even if he does win any attempt made by Top Rank or Pac to even try to pull that **** would be taken as an outright miscarriage of the integrity of the sport. They refused Foreman but will willingly fight a guy that they melted down and beat at WW, then they will say we need 150 but for that belt though **** again...Easy fix is take the test and shut everybody up and make some money.
    I agree.

For the record I want the Floyd that is the #1 option.

And, I don't want the Cotto fight but it would eliminate that whole catch-weight and damage goods tag if they fight at 154. I just want Pac to get the credit of him being the better fighter. That it didn't matter what weight they fought Pac was going to win regardless.

And, if Pac Floyd can't get made. I rather him fight Bradley at 140. And, I also rather him fight Foreman over Cotto. That is why I am rooting for Foreman. And, I think Foreman will win. So if Cotto wins it would be impressive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
      Tim Bradley wants Pac to take the tests at 140.
      Not necessary true. Gary Shaw said that. But, Bradley said he don't need no extra test. And, I talked to the matchmaker of Thompson boxing promotions. I kinda know him. And, he told me that they won't ask for no test. With or without tests they think they could beat Pac. He even said even if Pac is doping Bradley would still beat him. And, Cameron Dunkin has a solid relationship with Arum. Matter of fact Dunkin has a better relationship with Arum then with Shaw.

BTW, Dunkin is Bradley manager/adviser and Thompson boxing promotions is Bradley co-promoter. Shaw does not have full rights over Bradley.

Comment

My pal suspects old Timothy to be on something.

Comment

No way Bradley will turn down a fight with Pacquiao because of usada testing.
          Only Floyd who is a cashcow in himself can get away with that. The rest crave that once in a lifetime payday.

Comment

Let's see what styles fit Manny in certain weight classes..

140 - Juan Urango, Marcos Maidana, Paulie Maliginnagi
            147 - Antonio Margarito
            154 - Alfredo Angulo

If he doesn't fight Floyd @ Welterweight next he has a few options that fit his style the best. He won't go back down and fight Bradley or Devon Alexander IMO because they bring more to the table then just walking straight in with few angles.

@ 147 I don't see him or his camp wanting any part of Berto(I hope I'm wrong) and Collazo's style would be great to see but I don't know if that's a big enough name for their liking.

@ 154 I have Angulo there. He comes in and is very strong and predicatable. It's a dangerous fight but the best one suited for Manny. He won't fight Martinez or Paul Williams at all. Their styles are just too difficult for Manny's. Yuri Foreman would be a good choice here as well but he's a boxer. The only way I can see this really happen is if he gets past Cotto and doesn't do too much damage if he just happens to win. The only way I can see Manny fight a real good boxer is if they don't showcase much power.

Comment

Originally posted by barafranca View Post
              Manny is firm on his position that Floyd is scared of him. But Floyd has found a refuge on his random test demand. It is his solid excuse to not fight PAC
              And the boxing public is firm on the fact that Manny is scared of Floyd!!! And Manny has found a "refuge" to refuse random drug testing. It is Manny's bull**** excuse to not fight Mayweather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Would be upset if Pac didn't fight Mayweather, but they are fights out there for him. I'd give him great credit for fighting Bradley at 140-147, and Berto would be a decent fight for him. Marg is garbage, and I'd rather not see Pac vs Cotto at any weight. I just think 154 is too much for Pac, and if it isn't, that won't make talks of PED's quieter, even if he isn't doing them.

Comment

Working...
                X