Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it still bothers me when haters say pacman CHERRY PICKED a weight drained dela hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
    GOAT is just an opinion, but if he were to do that people will say that sadly so will his nuthuggers, it is unfair for the WWs but its fair to Manny because he won't have to cut as much weight as they are used to, I honestly think he isn't able to call the shots, he may be a big draw but not enough to call the shots like DLH was able to (at least not yet).
    Let his nuthuggers say it, doesn't mean you'll see it any credible list by any credible source. It's even on both ends, Manny doesnt cut weight but has to fight bigger/stronger guys who can inflict some serious damage. The bigger guys have to work harder to shed the weight. Who's taking more risk vs. detrimenting their performance is anyones guess and would be different for different fighters. Expecting Manny to fight at 147 is crazy in itself. I think he should be at 135 still. He's certainly not on oscar's level, but as of right now he's the hottest thing in boxing & so everyone wants a piece of him.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
      But how can Floyd call out 154lbers with all the unfinished business at 147? Pac cleaned out the lineal title at 140, he's got nowhere to go but up now...but he is still a much smaller man than these WW's...so its just trying to level the playing field.

Granted he could go down to 135, but why go down when you can go up?
      I bold the first part because whats going to happen is he will eventually fall into the same space as Floyd. Competing against welters because there is no where else to go. Soon 147 will be the only logical option unless he stays true to his word and retires after his next fight. Bold second part because he is done with 135. Roach himself said it was a bit of a strain to make it the last time they fought there and Manny informed him that was the last trip there. Its funny that the Manny and Floyd fans here are at each others throats so bad when both fighters have been traveling down similar paths.

Comment

Let his nuthuggers say it, doesn't mean you'll see it any credible list by any credible source. It's even on both ends, Manny doesnt cut weight but has to fight bigger/stronger guys who can inflict some serious damage. The bigger guys have to work harder to shed the weight. Who's taking more risk vs. detrimenting their performance is anyones guess and would be different for different fighters. Expecting Manny to fight at 147 is crazy in itself. I think he should be at 135 still. He's certainly not on oscar's level, but as of right now he's the hottest thing in boxing & so everyone wants a piece of him.
        True, but I just think its more unfair for bigger guys to cut weight, the old days you moved up and beat guys in their division just like the guy in your avatar did or tried to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
          I bold the first part because whats going to happen is he will eventually fall into the same space as Floyd. Competing against welters because there is no where else to go. Soon 147 will be the only logical option unless he stays true to his word and retires after his next fight. Bold second part because he is done with 135. Roach himself said it was a bit of a strain to make it the last time they fought there and Manny informed him that was the last trip there. Its funny that the Manny and Floyd fans here are at each others throats so bad when both fighters have been traveling down similar paths.
          I agree from this point on Pac should go for the jugular at 147 since he probably will fight 3 fights at the very most. His legacy is secure, so if he say fought cotto/mosley/pbf that would be ideal. fact is that his next fight is vs. 1 of these 3. Even if he goes for a catchweight the wins wont be as much as if they were at 147 but theyre big nonetheless. For a guy who started his career at 106 asking a for few pounds is passable.

As far as similar roads, in what sense? Pac is on the tail end of his career. He's done nothing but fight the best, he's stayed humble the whole time, fought who they put infront of him, fought his heart out everytime, has had amazing success, has never disrespected fighter or anyone for that matter, he has made nothing but exciting & meaningful fights, he has always challenged himself & moved up, etc etc.

I can't say the same about Floyd, and I can't say his resume is as good as Pac's. I cant agree theyve been traveling down a similar path in this sense. In moving up in weight maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
            True, but I just think its more unfair for bigger guys to cut weight, the old days you moved up and beat guys in their division just like the guy in your avatar did or tried to do.
            Im with ya. Boxing ain't like it use to be. These kids that are blind huggers dont understand how the sport use to be. People that came up in this era know only what they see for the most part. They havent seen how boxing use to be. That being said, if anyone has earned the right to ask for a few pounds, it would be a guy who started at 106. Wont mean as much as if it was at 147, but it would be an upset nonetheless.

Comment

I agree from this point on Pac should go for the jugular at 147 since he probably will fight 3 fights at the very most. His legacy is secure, so if he say fought cotto/mosley/pbf that would be ideal. fact is that his next fight is vs. 1 of these 3. Even if he goes for a catchweight the wins wont be as much as if they were at 147 but theyre big nonetheless. For a guy who started his career at 106 asking a for few pounds is passable.

As far as similar roads, in what sense? Pac is on the tail end of his career. He's done nothing but fight the best, he's stayed humble the whole time, fought who they put infront of him, fought his heart out everytime, has had amazing success, has never disrespected fighter or anyone for that matter, he has made nothing but exciting & meaningful fights, he has always challenged himself & moved up, etc etc.

I can't say the same about Floyd, and I can't say his resume is as good as Pac's. I cant agree theyve been traveling down a similar path in this sense. In moving up in weight maybe.
              Down the same road in the sense that they both moved up in weight in similar ways ( both were 106 lbs at 16 years old but pac was pro.) . They both are about to be fighting welters even though the are both a bit smaller than the typical welter ( skills will make up for it). At 135 pac fought a mediocre champion and the real deal at 140lbs. At 140lbs Floyd fought a mediocre champion and the real deal at 135lbs. Both had impressive victories at the lower weights. The fact that Pac is always nice and Floyd isn't is just part of the sport. We need both. Since most hate Floyd its easier to criticize him. Think of it this way, the main issue with Floyd is he ducks comp right? Well the guy he was supposed to fight and never did was Cotto, and Cotto did nothing to make that fight happen either. Both guys let it not happen. We could talk about the shane thing all day but both guy wanted to fight, just at different times. Asking Floyd to fight Margarito at the time Tony was asking for it would have been like asking Pac to fight Nate Campbell at 135lbs. Low reward fight. But since people don't like Floyd its easier to pint a negative picture.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMan View Post
                it is not pacman's fault that over rated dela hoya weight drained himself..

BEFORE THE FIGHT PACMAN WAS HEAVY UNDERDOG.. AND NO EXPERT THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN.. BUT HE STILL FOUGHT DELA HOYA

IS THAT CALLED CHERRY PICKING TO YOU?
                **** your dumb ass flip-point of view, but Over-Rated?

So what is Paq movin up in weight against David Diaz, a zombie Dela Hoya, and Ricky Hatton? Is that "not over-rated?" lmao....

lol That defininitely isn't a prime Mosley 2x, Trinidad, or Whitaker...Please, lol just shut the mouth and fold those blanket of leaves over yourself and take a nap..

Comment

Dont worry.......nacho and angelo set the record straight............................LOL

Comment

Im with ya. Boxing ain't like it use to be. These kids that are blind huggers dont understand how the sport use to be. People that came up in this era know only what they see for the most part. They havent seen how boxing use to be. That being said, if anyone has earned the right to ask for a few pounds, it would be a guy who started at 106. Wont mean as much as if it was at 147, but it would be an upset nonetheless.
                    Understood, but if they fought at a catchweight it should be 145.

Comment

Working...
                    X