Ok so what should i eat before doing a load of cardio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so what should i eat before doing a load of cardio

what should i eat and how long before the work out should i eat it

Ive found that eating nothing or 2-3 hours beforehand is best. Technically 1 hour is the 'minimum' recommended time.

Comment

eating nothing that is not even funny i have to have something i just want to know what you guys eat that works

Comment

Originally posted by italianbull View Post
        eating nothing that is not even funny i have to have something i just want to know what you guys eat that works
        I meant before breakfast or another meal. Dont over analyze it just eat something, bananas, cereals, oatmeal etc digest quicker for energy but its not like its going to make you run faster or longer. Its all you, not the food.

Comment

You want to eat a lot of carbs (pasta, bread, etc..) so your muscles can build up their glycogen stores (the energy your muscles will run on during sustaied excersice)

Comment

I was studying for my health & wellness mid term and found this, hope it helps:

All-Bran Cereal 46 apples 40
            bagel, white 72 banana 56
            french bread 95 wheat bread 69
            white bread 69 carrots, raw 47
            cherries 20 colas 65
            corn, sweet 55 corn flakes 83
            doughnut 76 frosted flakes 55
            fruit cocktail 55 gatorade 78
            honey 58 chocolate milk 43
            milk skim 32 whole milk 30
            jelly beans 80 oatmeal 54
            oranges 40 white pasta 50
            wheat pasta 42 peanuts 20
            peas 50 cheese pizza 60
            baked potato 56-100 french potato 75
            sweet potato 51 white rice 45-70
            table sugar 65 watermelon 72
            low fat yogurt 30 glucose 100

So obviously the item is what youd be eating and the number after it is its glycemic index. Its glycemic index is how quickly it is absorbed into your blood stream (hence, how fast the blood sugar can get into your muscles [glycogen]). Basically the higher the number the faster its broken down, the lower the number the better that item would be for controlling your appetite.

Comment

Don't eat anything big, thats for **** sure. When I was in training in Virginia for the Marines they gave us a banana before a big physical training day. Once they forgot and it showed because we didn't have anything to fuel our bodies and we were totally shot 3/4 of the way through the morning PT.

I'd go with just a piece of fruit (apple or banana) if you train right after you wake up. Otherwise eat something healthy a few hours before gym time. Nothing big-medium in portions within an hour before training.

Comment

I would eat a normal meal. Pasta and some veggies is good. Just make sure you **** before you work out lol.

Comment

Well, you cant go wrong with Landon S' post. My advice is drink some water comfortably not drinking a ton, and then maybe eat a few pieces of fruit(if dried) or a whole one(if raw). Its what I do.

Comment

i know this is in no way good for you in the long run...but after i eat loads of junk food(like twice a month), i feel like i got super-human strength and endurance for any cardio/gym work. maybe its mental too, knowing the guilt is there and the burden to burn it off...but still, give me a bag of sour patch kids, some twix and some snickers and im reeeaaadddyyy

Comment

Working...
                    X