No announcement yet.

UPCOMING PICK EMs JUNE 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPCOMING PICK EMs JUNE 2019

Okay gentlemen, gonna try something that we've been intending to do almost since taking over from BroBob in early 2018. We did play with it a bit over last summer, but without much consistency and without any notification system in place so it's hard to tell how many of you were aware of the list of upcoming fights.

The aim will be to provide a list of upcoming fights some weeks in advance that are either definitely gonna be in the PIck Em game or for which we'd like to canvass player opinion on whether to include. Clearly - this being the fight game - all things are subject to change, but after last years trial it does seem that the majority of prospective Pick Ems actually ended up happening, even planned a coupla months ahead.

As well as giving you lot more time to research (or change your minds over and over if you're one of those flip/flopping mfers like myself) it also gives more time to those who are not regular vistors to the site to get their picks in and opens up the possibility on absentee or advance votes (as pioneered by Eff Pandas last year) for those of us who maybe have extended absences.

The second purpose of these threads - which will hopefully be produced monthly and span (probably) the upcoming 6 weeks to 2 months (though this first one only covers the rest of June)- is to canvass opinion on which fights should be included in the game... there's always been some differences of opinion as to which fights we want in and which out, whether to put more emphasis on more competitive but lower level fights, include more international fights (far East, ex Soviets etc), lower weights, women's fights and so on... this will give you all a chance to make your voices heard and we can hopefully start to adapt our fight choices better as a result.

As a general rule voting will be based on a simple majority of current, active players (which stands at about 40 right now) so any polled fights will require a threshold of 20 votes to be met to be included in the game at the moment, those this number will change if we can coax a few more players into the game or if we lose some.

Polls will be multi choice and not anonymous so we can check that it is players of the pIck Em that are casting the votes.

Also feel free to make your feelings known about any fights you think should be in the game that you ain't seen on here... wouldn't be the first time I've overlooked significant fights, or post any other comments or opinions you feel may be relevant either about the fights themselves or ways in which the upcoming fights segment could be tweaked or improved.

Oh, and thanks to Eff Pandas for helping out with the research (watch out man, you gonna be sucked into the CREW if you ain't careful) and giving me the requisite nudge to get going on this ish.

Ok. Down to business...

Upcoming fights. June 2019

fights in black are definitely planned for inclusion in the Pick Em game.

fights highlighted in red will only be included if they receive sufficient votes to indicate player interest (20 votes required for inclusion as things currently stand)

2019/06/15 Briedis vs Glowacki

2019/06/15 Dorticos vs Tabiti

2019/06/15 Warrington vs Galahad

2019/06/15 Barrera vs Hart

2019/06/16 Kudryashov vs Makubu

2019/06/16 Egorov vs Perez

2019/06/19 Ioka vs Palicte

2019/06/21 Machado vs Cancio

2019/06/28 Commey vs Beltran

2019/06/28 Andrade vs Sulecki

2019/06/28 Charlo vs Adams

Didn't make the cut but opinion welcome: Gevor vs DeCarolis, Garcia vs Rabchanka, Rigondeaux vs Ceja and Dalakian vs Thawornkham.

Also this thread is gonna serve as a trial for the shout-tag system, to try to get more opinions on decisions which affect the game... I know it can be a pain in the ass getting multiple notifications, so if any of you want your names removing from the list feel free to let me know either on this or the masterthread or by p.m, but I hoping most of you will bear with us cos, well, it's your game and your input will shape it the way you want.

Robbie Barrett, bigjavi973, SUBZER0ED, jpowell100, Redd Foxx, RJJ-94-02=GOAT, Chrismart, Ganondorf, Eff Pandas, BLASTER1,HeadBodyBodyBody, BlakBread904, FrankieClutch, HandsofIron, DuckAdonis, RockyB, trashman, otrocubiche, j0zef, Mammoth, NC Uppercut, ruedboy, Idunnoshet, superbee, MindGame, The plunger man, koba, Frankie2Jabs, ShoulderRoll, BigZ44, koolkc107, Mooshashi, B Phontain, mathed, kushking, A.K, Damn Wicked, Baltimore, sinca,
    MulaKO, b morph, alexnation , atomicsad, BoxingFan85, califo, Clegg, dan_cov, eco1 , el_gringo, embryo, g27region, HarvardBlue, hhs661, Eddy Current, OnlyBeingHonest, SceneBoxer, SinderellaMan, Snoop Frog , War Mikey, Sheppirino, that g, jackojuice, MickG.

Mods: I'll leave it to your discretion as to whether to sticky this one, I'm hoping you will for a week or so and then maybe merge to the masterthread, but I'm hoping to give the players the maximum opportunity to vote on which upcoming fights to include. Regards and thanks. K

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
    Barrera vs Hart
    32.18%
    Kudryashov vs Makabu
    20.69%
    Egorov vs Perez
    10.34%
    Charlo vs Adams
    26.44%
    Ioka vs Palicte
    10.34%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 06-10-2019, 04:47 AM.

All pick'ems except the Charlo fight

So if it was up to me all of the fights but the Charlo fight.

Comment

And off to a cracking start I forgot to put the Ioka - Palicte option in the poll....

Please indicate interest in that fight by posting in the thread until or unless I can get one of the mods to update the poll...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        All pick'ems except the Charlo fight

So if it was up to me all of the fights but the Charlo fight.
        Thanks, man, it would be appreciated if you could vote in the poll too, just so I can figure out how this thing's gonna work for the best, still probably gonna need a bit of tweaking, especially around where to set the inclusion threshold.

Also what do you reckon to Ioka - Palicte being in?
        Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 06-10-2019, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
          Thanks, man, it would be appreciated if you could vote in the poll too, just so I can figure out how this thing's gonna work for the best, still probably gonna need a bit of tweaking, especially around where to set the inclusion threshold.

Also what do you reckon to Ioka - Palicte being in?
          Ioka vs Palicte is for a world title. Both are top 10 in the division. Both had close fights with Nietes. A fighter some consider p4p. I think it definitely should be included. Damn good fight imo

Comment

With all the upsets, I'm down to pick every fight!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              With all the upsets, I'm down to pick every fight!
              Very good point
              Seems to be the year of the upsets
              Imo , would make the pick’em a lot more interesting

Comment

Ioka vs Palicte is for a world title. Both are top 10 in the division. Both had close fights with Nietes. A fighter some consider p4p. I think it definitely should be included. Damn good fight imo
                I totally agree ...

Comment

In terms of ranking and fight significance it absolutely deserves to be in IMO, my concern is more that players might be less interested because of the time zone and that its a weekday fight, but that's absolutely the kind of input we need... try to get a feel for just what most players want in or out.

Comment

Bump. And please cast your votes, gents.

Oh yeah. And I'll put in my vote for Ioka vs Palicte too.

Comment

Working...
                    X