No announcement yet.

I'm already indecisive....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm already indecisive....

I've sold my PS2 and Gamecube to take a break from console gaming (still playing on the PC) until the new systems come out. Problem is, I'm already totally clueless on which system to get. XBox360 or PS3.

Obviously, I'll be able to get more answers when they actually release, but I find it funny that I'm already fretting over this.

Have any of you made a solid decision yet on which system you're getting? I'm lost.

Yeah bro. PS3 for me.

Comment

It all depends, each system is going to be relatively the same price some offering more than others. Both look brilliant, but the look of the games cant be measured by the power because most companies dont utilize all of their potential. Although Sony has announced that they will be using Blu-Ray technology on their discs which hold like 50gigs of space. Now this can be good or it can be bad. The good side is that they are wanting movie like graphics and they will get that, the downside is that they probably will just pack it with a bunch of FMV sequences and call it a day.

I believe it will come down to how people choose between the xbox and ps2, if you like Sports and online gaming go with an Xbox. If you like anything else go for the ps3.

However there is always the nintendo Revolution.

Comment

I think it will be a Ps3 for me to be honest. Im not a fan of having a mainframe in my room (XBOX 360) and am not a major fan of the nintendo games (other than the mario series).

Ps3 offers a lot more than the others. I read somewhere that the XBOX 360 is just an extension of the old xbox rather than something revolutionary. The Ps3 is like 15 times more powerful than the xbox 360 and even more powerful than that when comapred to the Nintendo Revolution. It has internet out of the box, bluetooth connectivity. 7 USB ports for all types of camera's and such like. Plus it looks slick. I will try and get a pic of it but most that you have probably seen are fake ones made by idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
          I think it will be a Ps3 for me to be honest. Im not a fan of having a mainframe in my room (XBOX 360) and am not a major fan of the nintendo games (other than the mario series).

Ps3 offers a lot more than the others. I read somewhere that the XBOX 360 is just an extension of the old xbox rather than something revolutionary. The Ps3 is like 15 times more powerful than the xbox 360 and even more powerful than that when comapred to the Nintendo Revolution. It has internet out of the box, bluetooth connectivity. 7 USB ports for all types of camera's and such like. Plus it looks slick. I will try and get a pic of it but most that you have probably seen are fake ones made by idiots.

I totally agree with your post, Xbox 360 will be nothing new except trying to be more of a pc. Ps3 is really the route to go, although Revolution has some nifty features and I will enjoy a lot of the games. Especially the offering of the old classics in a library readily to download.

To top it off, Nintendo has mentioned that previous games that will be in the classic libraries MAY be multiplayer online. WCW Revenge/No Mercy and Goldeneye online=Greatness.

Comment

PS3 for sure. Ps2 had the best game out there last year (besides Halo 2) with Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater and they have a much wider array of good games. Xbox just copies every game that playstation drops first.

If all of the graphic and playability caps are equal then you gotta go with PS3. The only real reason that people I know were buying Xbox before is because of Halo and for the faster loading times...

Comment

Xbox owned the sports genre, plus it had the best live functionality and I expect it to be better this time around as well.

Comment

Do you guys know if Sony will still have the overwhelming majority of third-party support? I though I read somewhere that that may be shifting to XBox.
                Last edited by RoyFlapsHisLips; 06-26-2005, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                  Xbox owned the sports genre, plus it had the best live functionality and I expect it to be better this time around as well.

I liked Tiger Woods, Madden, and Live better for PS2. I can manipulate a Ps2 controller very unfairly, and its part of what makes me a monster in Madden 05 for ps2.

I've only played online 4 times, but every time the opponent has pulled out before then end of the 3rd quarter after claiming previously that they were unstoppable with a certain team.

Comment

Flaps-Xbox claims they have it but Sony has proved they have it. Everything still remains to be seen.

Gringo- Graphics wise though I think Xbox edges it out in sports games, although that isnt the only factor. I do enjoy the controller for sports games it is more spaced out and comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                    X