Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like International Soccer more than Club?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem with England is that it attracts all the subhuman provincial scumbags who don't follow football but suddenly see themselves as experts. They say things like "Frank Lampard is a hell of a player" and "Sven Goran Eriksson is a **** manager, what we need is a true Englishman like Steve McClaren".

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      My problem with England is that it attracts all the subhuman provincial scumbags who don't follow football but suddenly see themselves as experts. They say things like "Frank Lampard is a hell of a player" and "Sven Goran Eriksson is a **** manager, what we need is a true Englishman like Steve McClaren".
      yeah this is true morons that pose the question why dont England play the same high tempo game when they play in international tournements

erm becasuse the international tournements are always held in the summer most the time in foreign climates where it is damn near impossible to play that kind of football for 90 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
        yeah this is true morons that pose the question why dont England play the same high tempo game when they play in international tournements

erm becasuse the international tournements are always held in the summer most the time in foreign climates where it is damn near impossible to play that kind of football for 90 minutes
        I also think that too many England managers are intimidated by the superstars and don't follow their own plans. We need a no-nonsense manager who isn't afraid to say

"Beckham, bench. Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Emile Heskey and Jermaine Defoe: **** off, never darken our doors again. David James - Get a ****ing haircut you strange looking bastard. And then **** off."

The last game England played our best player was Wes Brown. For ****s sake.

Comment

I also think that too many England managers are intimidated by the superstars and don't follow their own plans. We need a no-nonsense manager who isn't afraid to say

"Beckham, bench. Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Emile Heskey and Jermaine Defoe: **** off, never darken our doors again. David James - Get a ****ing haircut you strange looking bastard. And then **** off."

The last game England played our best player was Wes Brown. For ****s sake.
          why on earth does Jermain ****ing Jenas get under the raidar of England fans every sinlge time the guy is complete ****e i remember when people were questioning Hargreaves inclusion and i was thinking **** that what is Jenas doing in their again FFS

any Toon or Spuds fan will tell you how poor Jenas is ,Mark Noble and Tom Huddlestone are better midfield players than Jenas and they are in the u 21's and how does Lescott get a place over Richards aswell i no Richards is not the best postionally sometimes but he is a better Fullback than Lecott and that is more than likely the position Lescott has been drafted in to cover

Comment

I'm excited squeel, Mark Hughes is due to meet berbatov later today.

Comment

why on earth does Jermain ****ing Jenas get under the raidar of England fans every sinlge time the guy is complete ****e i remember when people were questioning Hargreaves inclusion and i was thinking **** that what is Jenas doing in their again FFS

any Toon or Spuds fan will tell you how poor Jenas is ,Mark Noble and Tom Huddlestone are better midfield players than Jenas and they are in the u 21's and how does Lescott get a place over Richards aswell i no Richards is not the best postionally sometimes but he is a better Fullback than Lecott and that is more than likely the position Lescott has been drafted in to cover
              Hargreaves is a decent defensive midfielder, does a good job. But yeah Richards is one of the best defenders you could put in an England shirt whether he's a fullback or a centre half. Ferdinand is toss. Wes Brown is one of those players who would be a perfect fit for the likes of Fulham or Bolton. Ashley Cole is a lazy ****er who has an unjustifiably high opinion of his own ability. The net result is he makes big forward runs and then tries to dribble past people he isn't good enough to dribble past and loses possession. Terry is OK but he's a bit old. And he can't really play properly because like Vidic he devotes most of his time to cleaning up Rio's mistakes.

Joe Hart will be the England number 1 by the next world cup. Green was never very good, Robinson fell apart completely and in James we have possibly the best shot stopper in the world but he has such a tendency to make really basic errors and stupid decisions that he becomes a liability.

In the midfield Frank Lampard should be permanently shelved. He never does anything in an England Shirt apart from occasionally making a forward run and getting into Steven Gerrard's way. Barry is ****. I'm all for having a left footed player on the left, someone like Downing who has some pace and can get to the byline. As of now I'd put Joe Cole on the right though he could be in danger of losing his spot to Sweep this season. Gerrard should be a lock for central attacking midfielder.

I'd have Rooney as a starter but I'd have to make it perfectly clear that his job is to play up front as a striker. He's out of position far too much and needs to be reined in and put to best use. Then we need a goalpoacher who can score the rebounds. Unfortunately Owen is the best we have right now though Dean Ashton or Andy Johnson could fill that role and Daniel Sturridge is the man of the future.

It may seem like I'm gushing about City players and while I'm a fan of City there's another reason I hold them in such high regard: Manchester City Academy is the number one source of top English players in the country right now. City have spent big this season but they still have basically half the team produced through the ranks of their own academy. The only side who comes close to City's output is West Ham.

Comment

Hargreaves is a decent defensive midfielder, does a good job. But yeah Richards is one of the best defenders you could put in an England shirt whether he's a fullback or a centre half. Ferdinand is toss. Wes Brown is one of those players who would be a perfect fit for the likes of Fulham or Bolton. Ashley Cole is a lazy ****er who has an unjustifiably high opinion of his own ability. The net result is he makes big forward runs and then tries to dribble past people he isn't good enough to dribble past and loses possession. Terry is OK but he's a bit old. And he can't really play properly because like Vidic he devotes most of his time to cleaning up Rio's mistakes.

Joe Hart will be the England number 1 by the next world cup. Green was never very good, Robinson fell apart completely and in James we have possibly the best shot stopper in the world but he has such a tendency to make really basic errors and stupid decisions that he becomes a liability.

In the midfield Frank Lampard should be permanently shelved. He never does anything in an England Shirt apart from occasionally making a forward run and getting into Steven Gerrard's way. Barry is ****. I'm all for having a left footed player on the left, someone like Downing who has some pace and can get to the byline. As of now I'd put Joe Cole on the right though he could be in danger of losing his spot to Sweep this season. Gerrard should be a lock for central attacking midfielder.

I'd have Rooney as a starter but I'd have to make it perfectly clear that his job is to play up front as a striker. He's out of position far too much and needs to be reined in and put to best use. Then we need a goalpoacher who can score the rebounds. Unfortunately Owen is the best we have right now though Dean Ashton or Andy Johnson could fill that role and Daniel Sturridge is the man of the future.

It may seem like I'm gushing about City players and while I'm a fan of City there's another reason I hold them in such high regard: Manchester City Academy is the number one source of top English players in the country right now. City have spent big this season but they still have basically half the team produced through the ranks of their own academy. The only side who comes close to City's output is West Ham.

i think Ferdinand is a good CB i take your point though before Vidic came he was making errors on a regular basis playing with Sylvestre,Brown but then again Sol Campbell made Toure look a better player for years at Arsenal

i agree about Rob Green he is average at best i could not understand why people were calling for is inclusion in the England side i aint seen enough of Hart yet but ive heard good things about him

Lampard should be benched he is good at on thing scoring goals but to do that he has to abandon his position and he is able to do that with Chelsea because for the last 3 years Chelsea have mostly played a 4-5-1, or a 4-3-3 he has two DMF Essien,Makelele covering his ass thats why he has been able to abandon his position and get in the box

problem England have is Gerrard is to similar to Lampard and by that i mean he is also positionally naive and his short passing game is not good enough to play centrally he gives the ball away to frequently same as Lampard unless he has 2 DMF midfielders in their helping him out like Alonso, Mascerano he is annoymous in a 4-4-2

i think Gerrard has to play wide because he cant be trusted to play centrally he conceeds possion to easily the only way Gerrard could play centrally is if England pack the midfield like Liverpool but by doing that you have to sacrifice a striker and Rooney has to play really but he cant hold the ball up sufficiently enough on his own up front and Owen,Defoe are to small to play up top on their own

its horse for coarses IMO England dont have much choice but to play 4-4-2 to incorporate 2 strikers and Gerrard or Lampard are'nt good enough technically to play centrally its the one area you cannot afford to conceed possesion and both have a tendency to do just that

Comment

Being Welsh the international scene is a bit rubbish to say the least.

I prefer club football as i find the atmosphere and generally the people at the games are a lot better.

Comment

i think Ferdinand is a good CB i take your point though before Vidic came he was making errors on a regular basis playing with Sylvestre,Brown but then again Sol Campbell made Toure look a better player for years at Arsenal

i agree about Rob Green he is average at best i could not understand why people were calling for is inclusion in the England side i aint seen enough of Hart yet but ive heard good things about him

Lampard should be benched he is good at on thing scoring goals but to do that he has to abandon his position and he is able to do that with Chelsea because for the last 3 years Chelsea have mostly played a 4-5-1, or a 4-3-3 he has two DMF Essien,Makelele covering his ass thats why he has been able to abandon his position and get in the box

problem England have is Gerrard is to similar to Lampard and by that i mean he is also positionally naive and his short passing game is not good enough to play centrally he gives the ball away to frequently same as Lampard unless he has 2 DMF midfielders in their helping him out like Alonso, Mascerano he is annoymous in a 4-4-2

i think Gerrard has to play wide because he cant be trusted to play centrally he conceeds possion to easily the only way Gerrard could play centrally is if England pack the midfield like Liverpool but by doing that you have to sacrifice a striker and Rooney has to play really but he cant hold the ball up sufficiently enough on his own up front and Owen,Defoe are to small to play up top on their own

its horse for coarses IMO England dont have much choice but to play 4-4-2 to incorporate 2 strikers and Gerrard or Lampard are'nt good enough technically to play centrally its the one area you cannot afford to conceed possesion and both have a tendency to do just that

Everything you say is true of course. The other way around the problem is to play a Hoddle style 5-3-2 with wingbacks but I think that as a formation that limits the wide players particularly and prevents the out-and-out defenders from getting involved in the attacking play. I could see Terry, Ferdinand and Richards as the back three with Wright Phillips and Downing as wingbacks. This frees us up to play Gerrard through the centre along with Johnson and Hargreaves with two strikers up front.

I thought that playing the christmas tree formation was a good idea last time but it wasn't rigid enough so it basically ended up with Gerrard wasting time on the left wing and Lampard ****ing things up in the middle. Oh and Beckham struggling with his walking frame.

Beckham would be in my squad but I don't think he has the athletic ability to be a starter.

Comment

Everything you say is true of course. The other way around the problem is to play a Hoddle style 5-3-2 with wingbacks but I think that as a formation that limits the wide players particularly and prevents the out-and-out defenders from getting involved in the attacking play. I could see Terry, Ferdinand and Richards as the back three with Wright Phillips and Downing as wingbacks. This frees us up to play Gerrard through the centre along with Johnson and Hargreaves with two strikers up front.

I thought that playing the christmas tree formation was a good idea last time but it wasn't rigid enough so it basically ended up with Gerrard wasting time on the left wing and Lampard ****ing things up in the middle. Oh and Beckham struggling with his walking frame.

Beckham would be in my squad but I don't think he has the athletic ability to be a starter.

i dont understand why Beckham is in the team either TBH i would have him in the squad but no where near the starting 11 the problem with the Beckham of 2008 is he has no legs and more often than not he is crossing the ball from the half way line these days because he does not have the legs to get up near the 18 yard box and cross the ball then get back into postion if or when the move breaks down effectively he is playing like a WB or FB

i thought of using different formations but i came to the conclusion that the England players are to rigid ,remember how poor they were when Sven tried to get them to play the diamond they players got together and asked him to change it ,Mclaren tried to implement a 3-5-2 and England got hammered against Croatia i can remember us playing a 4-3-3 against Holland in a friendly at Villa park a few year ago and Boularouz had Owen in his pocket and Holland were the better side and that was a young inexperienced side without the likes of horse face etc

the last time England adapted to a formation and played more fluid was probably Euro 96 under TV but that side had good techincal central midfield players like Gazza,Redknap,Platt

Comment

Working...
                      X