Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945
    I thought Calzaghe was a clear winner. But I certainly agree it was an awful fight that I would never watch again. I might also be biased against Hopkins' notorious theatrics about the fouls he supposedly has suffered.
    I have no problem with it being scored the other way. Though if i could have id prefer a double DQ for sucking.

I say that as a fan of Hopkins. Same situation in the. Jones rematch, no wonder everyone thought he was shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I had it 116-114 Calzaghe and I refuse to watch it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        I had it 116-114 Calzaghe and I refuse to watch it again!
        No you didn't. There was a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          I had Calzaghe winning fairly wide. Most watching off TV did on fight night (go back and look all over). Ringside press had it closer both ways. Watched it again later on; still had it 8-3-1. Judges had it right. The only people who really bring it up anymore are those who thought Hopkins won.

Result really seems to tick them off.

Always good for a chuckle.
          this is exactly how i see it, including the chuckle.

Comment

Hopkins was too inactive for me in that fight. As a fan I was mad about that performance he put on.

Comment

I had it for Hopkins, 114-113. There's no other way to score that fight for Hopkins, although yes, Calzaghe fought like it was the amateurs trying to tap out points. Hopkins was just too inactive to give him many of those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Hopkins was too inactive for me in that fight. As a fan I was mad about that performance he put on.
                I think he would have won (convincingly) if he just let his hands go more. He had great success when he did. I didnt score it but it seemed like cal***gi won on activity to me but god he was terrible. Those slow motion replays of him missing every single "punch" of his 6 slap combinations were embarrassing and Hopkins landing his clean single punch counter. Then he wants to show off like he has something to show off about when he sucked ass in there against a 42 year old man.

Comment

im british but ive never liked calzaghe as a fighter. to me in a fight if you flurry at som1 with some slaps and he comes back and hits you with a solid shot, theres no reason to be ****y at the end, thats jus annoying. hopkins could of knocked him out if he had just let his hands go, maybe a younger version would have

Comment

I thought Hopkins won the fight, as did most people i know, and yeah were from the UK.

Comment

very close very messy very **** fight, Hopkins could have won it if he wasn't so pathetically inactive. No sympathy for Hopkins not getting the decision as he just didn't do enough to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X