Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to have played Mass effect 1 and 2 to play 3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need to have played Mass effect 1 and 2 to play 3?

now, i HAVE played 1 and 2 but i sold them and my old xbox a while back, recently bought a new one and got ME3 thrown in, im wondering, do i really need to buy the other two, blast through them real quick and then import the save, or is it not worth bothering?

It's not worth bothering at the moment. You miss out on a lot, but nothing changes at the end if you actually did import a character. That may change later.

Comment

Not really, because Mass Effect 3 just makes everything irrelevant

Comment

I haven't played 3 yet, I only started the franchise in march,(to my shame). But IMO beating 1 & having the things from part 1 have relevance in 2 was exciting. Because I'm sure that I can beat all 3, turn around & play the game & make all opposite decisions & have the universe shape different. I'm not saying that it will make part 3 end any different. I'm saying it adds dept to an already deep universe.

Comment

yeah man u definitely need to beat the 2 prequels first, if there is one franchise u have to play from the beggining is this one because all your actions have consequences in the next 2 plus theyre great games
          also the game doesnt do a very good job of explaining everything to the new players

Comment

Working...
          X