No announcement yet.

Laser eye surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Im not so sure exactly between 4000 to 5000 both eyes. This inlcudes evryrhing incluing follow up check up. they offered 2 years to pay without interst using credit care..
    That is epic. I held off for years because they don’t offer a repayment plan in Ireland, if people have he option to that then it is a definite no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Do you see halo driving at night?
      At the moment yes but that should clear within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Yes I was told to stay away from the gym for a month and not to box/play soccer for 6 months how did you find the recovery over a 3-4 month period?

This 100% I drove my car last night and the lights from other cars where extremely blurry and bright (with halos.) did that ever stop for you?

No they didn’t offer SMILE but I did read up on it. It’s like the 3rd generation laser surgery, only one place in Dublin does it right now. The place I got it done came highly recommended, so I wasn’t exactly fussed on what procedure was done as long as it was safe.

I wore my goggles lastnight but woke up to find them on the floor this morning.

I’m taking three different types of eye drops 8 times a day now, are you?
        I have 3 different types of eye drops. 2 are to combat drying and 1 is to fight the threat of any infection. I woke up to find my goggles on top of my head! I think its the pillow that does it when you move around too much.

Comment

€1.8k per eye so €3.6k all in for my procedure - LASIK.

However I got 25% discount off due to my health insurance provider and an additional 10% off because of a corporate rate my employer has in place with them. So it worked out at around €2,800 but I can claim an additional 600 back on tax

It sounds expensive, honestly through I’d pay double if I had to now. I cannot recommended this enough
          So what u during the day u had the procedure. Can u see? Watch tv? Or just sleep all day?

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
            So what u during the day u had the procedure. Can u see? Watch tv? Or just sleep all day?
            Ah man, basically do nothing. Not allowed watch tv, my procedure was at 3pm.
            They gave me a Valium before,
            I got home around 5pm. Slept for three hours, woke up with no pain but blurry vision. It was 8pm and I had the evening to kill but couldn’t watch tv, read or use my phone.

I listened to Joe rogans latest podcast with Michael shermer for 2.5 hours. Then I took a Xanax and went to bed.

In a nutshell for 24 hours you can’t use your phone or watch tv. It’s the most difficult part!

Comment

I’m thinking about doing it. Hopefully I can find a not too expensive doctor

Comment

I got home around 5pm. Slept for three hours, woke up with no pain but blurry vision. It was 8pm and I had the evening to kill but couldn’t watch tv, read or use my phone.

I listened to Joe rogans latest podcast with Michael shermer for 2.5 hours. Then I took a Xanax and went to bed.

In a nutshell for 24 hours you can’t use your phone or watch tv. It’s the most difficult part!
                So basically u go to sleep for a day?mu can't cook, go for a walk etc

Comment

Really??? I had mine done at 1:30pm in the afternoon. I asked the doctor if I could watch the Australian Open Tennis in the evening (roughly 6 hours later) and he said absolutely I could.

Different procedures around the world I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    So basically u go to sleep for a day?mu can't cook, go for a walk etc
                    Sort of. My eyes where extremely watery, vision was extremely blurred. You don’t particularly want to do anything.

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    I’m thinking about doing it. Hopefully I can find a not too expensive doctor
                    I would cut corners on something like this tbh. I do hear a lot of people traveling abroad to have it done cheaper

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    Really??? I had mine done at 1:30pm in the afternoon. I asked the doctor if I could watch the Australian Open Tennis in the evening (roughly 6 hours later) and he said absolutely I could.

Different procedures around the world I guess.
                    Whaaaaaat? FFS. I was so bored! I really wanted to watch tv, maybe my clinic was just extremely cautious. I had to sign like a 25 page consent form too

Comment

Sort of. My eyes where extremely watery, vision was extremely blurred. You don’t particularly want to do anything.

I would cut corners on something like this tbh. I do hear a lot of people traveling abroad to have it done cheaper

Whaaaaaat? FFS. I was so bored! I really wanted to watch tv, maybe my clinic was just extremely cautious. I had to sign like a 25 page consent form too
                      I had to initial each page of a consent form but it was only about 8 pages.

I'm watching the Australian Open Final as I type this and I simply cannot get over the clarity of normal sight. As a contact lens wearer, it feels like I've gone from 720p to 4k!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X